Lumisty revisited

I just got a 2'x2' sample of Lumisty... VERY cool. :spit

Now I gotta put it on glass.. Does it install just like any other film? Any tips I should know before doing it??

I'll stop by the glass shop tomorrow and see if I can get a piece of glass... Hmm... or maybe something like a storm window...

RoAcH

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just got a 2'x2' sample of Lumisty... VERY cool. :beer

Now I gotta put it on glass.. Does it install just like any other film? Any tips I should know before doing it??

I'll stop by the glass shop tomorrow and see if I can get a piece of glass... Hmm... or maybe something like a storm window...

RoAcH

OMG how fortunate are you Roachy?

They won't even give me anything more than the A4 sheet that comes in the brochure. :spit

I've got a goer on the job now for a whole complex if only the price would come down from the stratosphere.

Great product but now with Pilkington Glass offering "switchable glass" at the press of a button then this should cut the guts out of Lumisty which is deserved IMHO because no matter how great is, too many feeders want to be a lick before it can get to the customer.

Devil

I just got a 2'x2' sample of Lumisty... VERY cool. :beer

RoAcH

OMG how fortunate are you Roachy?

They won't even give me anything more than the A4 sheet that comes in the brochure. :heh

I've got a goer on the job now for a whole complex if only the price would come down from the stratosphere.

Great product but now with Pilkington Glass offering "switchable glass" at the press of a button then this should cut the guts out of Lumisty which is deserved IMHO because no matter how great is, too many feeders want to be a lick before it can get to the customer.

Devil

You are also lucky man, Devil! A4 :beer:spit:lol2

Devil - I don't know... I just called my guy, asked if he could get a piece and he called me back a few days laer. It wasn't cheap - that's for sure, but I mainly want it to display as an eye catcher. I don't expect to sell any (although it would be cool!) but if it will get people to look at everything else - like at a home show - then it did it's job. :spit

RoAcH

Guest VOLTRON

how can u roll it too tight. Dont roll it at all. It comes on a HUGE core and the box is 3 times as big as the boxes that safty film comes in. If you roll it at all it will tunnel.

I'm not going to roll it. They shipped it flat - and it's in my office flat.. I ordered a piece of glass from the glass shop today, which should be ready monday. Heh. I'm like a kid in a candy store... I keep holding it up looking at it. :bingo

RoAcH

how can u roll it too tight. Dont roll it at all. It comes on a HUGE core and the box is 3 times as big as the boxes that safty film comes in. If you roll it at all it will tunnel.

Yes that's what I've heard V. :bingo

That virtually negates any cutting preparation the night before or any pre-cut shipping service from the distributor.

Nothing like a dry tunnel to add a little bit of character to the film.

IMHO "L" needs another alternative competitor.

Devil

Archived