A few quick questions

Guest scape22

Guest scape22

alright fellas I gotta couple problems and questions I was hopin yall would be kind enough to help me out with.

1. I have a small paint chip on my hood. its probably about an 8th of an inch or less in diameter. I have some touchup paint that I used on my bumper a while back when I ran it into a ditch and had a few scratches after it. I never really got the paint to match up exactly. I was wondering if there was anything I could do to get it to match and blend... I wish I had a pic but I can post one if need be.

2. my brake rotors have some rust on them... is it safe to mess with it and if so what could I use to remove it. its not very severe but noticable when up close.

3. and the most interesting of all is the icyhot. a good bit of icyhotn entire jar of icy hot melted into my compartment right between my drivers and passenger seats in a mustang. luckily and somehow it didnt get into the carpet under it (the screws stopped it) but I cant removethe bucket in it all the way becuase there is a cig lighter in it with a wire. even if I could get it out, would something like dawn be the best to get it out. if so im not sure how I could get it into that compartment while it is still the car. this is the biggest of my concerns and any advice would be very much appreciated

any light that could be shined my way on how to fix this little problems would be great. thanks in advance and like I said I can provide pics if need be.

alright fellas I gotta couple problems and questions I was hopin yall would be kind enough to help me out with.

1. I have a small paint chip on my hood. its probably about an 8th of an inch or less in diameter. I have some touchup paint that I used on my bumper a while back when I ran it into a ditch and had a few scratches after it. I never really got the paint to match up exactly. I was wondering if there was anything I could do to get it to match and blend... I wish I had a pic but I can post one if need be.

2. my brake rotors have some rust on them... is it safe to mess with it and if so what could I use to remove it. its not very severe but noticable when up close.

3. and the most interesting of all is the icyhot. a good bit of icyhotn entire jar of icy hot melted into my compartment right between my drivers and passenger seats in a mustang. luckily and somehow it didnt get into the carpet under it (the screws stopped it) but I cant removethe bucket in it all the way becuase there is a cig lighter in it with a wire. even if I could get it out, would something like dawn be the best to get it out. if so im not sure how I could get it into that compartment while it is still the car. this is the biggest of my concerns and any advice would be very much appreciated

any light that could be shined my way on how to fix this little problems would be great. thanks in advance and like I said I can provide pics if need be.

Depending on how old the paint job is you best bet to get the paint to match perfectly is to go down to the local automotive paint supply store and talk to them, they will set you on the right path...As for the icyhot your just going to have to figure out what all has to come apart to remove the compartment from your car...its the only way to do it...just be carefull, take your time and think logically and I am sure you can get it out...and get that smell out as well lol

Archived