8 mil anti intrusion

Guest Tinted

Guest Tinted

Just wanted to know everyone's opinions.

Windows are 60x118 8mil with 995 edge sealant. Robbers got in last night. I explained that this film application will only slow down intruders it won't completely stop the intrusion. They only have 4 min before police arrive. Before film application thet were getting $15,000 worth of equiptment. This time with film they only got a few hundred in drills. So the application did slow them down. Now my customer is wanting frameguard to completely keep them out. He has recently put in alarm sys and cameras. I'm not certified yet to buy the necessary frameguard sys. What would you recommend?

Thanks!

Just wanted to know everyone's opinions.

Windows are 60x118 8mil with 995 edge sealant. Robbers got in last night. I explained that this film application will only slow down intruders it won't completely stop the intrusion. They only have 4 min before police arrive. Before film application thet were getting $15,000 worth of equiptment. This time with film they only got a few hundred in drills. So the application did slow them down. Now my customer is wanting frameguard to completely keep them out. He has recently put in alarm sys and cameras. I'm not certified yet to buy the necessary frameguard sys. What would you recommend?

Thanks!

In addition they worked the corner enough to get a person through, then used a tamper to smash the glass outward. The glass was installed deep into the frames plust I installed film into frames as well and generous amounts of 995. The entire pane was broke of course but remained in one piece.

Guest Tinted
How long between the time you applied the film to the glass and this break-in?

One month 6 days!

How long between the time you applied the film to the glass and this break-in?

One month 6 days!

One month 16 days Sorry!

Agree, this take forever to cure

11 years ago I installed 15 mil to a jewlery store. Six months after I got a call from the manager upset because someone got in.

I was shocked and went right over.

When I got there, the security guard told me the guy was on video. It was interesting to watch this guy beat on the glass with a bat. It took about eight minute for him to finally shove his hand in. Once he got in, his arms were bloody.

The guy took his bat and broke a display case. That is when the alarm went off.]

Once the video was over, the manager told me the film failed. It didn't fail, it stopped him from getting in the first 20 wacks. The alarm should have gone off on the impacts, once he entered the building, not when he broke the display case

Guest vclimber
Agree, this take forever to cure

11 years ago I installed 15 mil to a jewlery store. Six months after I got a call from the manager upset because someone got in.

I was shocked and went right over.

When I got there, the security guard told me the guy was on video. It was interesting to watch this guy beat on the glass with a bat. It took about eight minute for him to finally shove his hand in. Once he got in, his arms were bloody.

The guy took his bat and broke a display case. That is when the alarm went off.]

Once the video was over, the manager told me the film failed. It didn't fail, it stopped him from getting in the first 20 wacks. The alarm should have gone off on the impacts, once he entered the building, not when he broke the display case

Yep, the film is designed to slow people down. If they really want in, they will find a way. Interesting though, that guy must have been on speed or something because it takes alot of energy to hammer away for 8 minutes with a bat. 15mil is some good stuff. :thumb

Guest vclimber
By the time he came back out, the authorities were waiting in the parking lot

I'd say that the film worked. :thumb

If there was no film, he'd be long gone before the :thumb arrived.

Archived