I own a 92 cutlass supreme, am i doomed?

Guest acousticage

Guest acousticage

So, I own a 1992 cutlass supreme and today I was looking around to see how much it would be to tint. I called a few places and so far $300 was my highest price (it was early so not many places were open).

I just read a few cutlass threads and it seems this car is a f**k and a half to tint, because of the back window. I've seen you guys say that you charge about $600 to do it. That is nearly half what I paid for the car so I just cannot justify that. Is there anything I can do to get a fair quote? Can I just say "you can make it a two piece"? Will that make it easier for them?

Im in Buffalo, NY btw.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 1PEECBARETTA

300$, souunds good. a 2 piece is more than likely gonna have to be done on that car anyway. Too bad your not in GA, I would be more than happy to help you out. :lol2

I've seen you guys say that you charge about $600 to do it. That is nearly half what I paid for the car so I just cannot justify that.

In all honesty..when you get a quote for $600 for that car...it' a seasoned tinter that is politely saying he isn't interested in doing the car because you can do most 4 dr cars in half the time with half the headaches..it makes no economical sense for a busy tinter to do this car unless he charges this much :lol2

yes , the backglass is a pain......however it can be done in one piece . iv done it, and iv seen it done better than I did it. .................that was a long time ago.

if you can get the tinter to drop the price......doing 2 maybe even 3 piece. that might work.

3 piece on that backglass would be comfortable for any good tinter .

as long as it clean.....its a good job.

good luck

:beer

Be careful what you ask for when 1 piecing certain windows a cutlass being one of them . Personally, I would prefer the time taken with a professional seam then 1 piece and premature film failure due to over shrinking and stretching the film for the boasting rights of 1 piece . I've been around long enough to see many of these cars have film failure due to this. If you insist on 1 piece , great..just get it in writing that you get free full replacement if this happens to your back window ,if the tinter is foolish enough to sign it, all the more power to you..if the car is a POS , then don't worry..the tint will outlast the car :beer

Guest willie
I cant do it right no matter what the price :cool

man I just cant tint that back window for shitz.

Mshizzle I'll make sure I toss those east from now on instead of north :beer

I cant do it right no matter what the price :cool

man I just cant tint that back window for shitz.

Giggra get you one of them Gila rear window kits that come with like ten strips and that window is a piece of cake! :beer:cool

Archived