I own a 92 cutlass supreme, am i doomed?

Guest acousticage

Guest Key West
So, I own a 1992 cutlass supreme and today I was looking around to see how much it would be to tint. I called a few places and so far $300 was my highest price (it was early so not many places were open).

I just read a few cutlass threads and it seems this car is a f**k and a half to tint, because of the back window. I've seen you guys say that you charge about $600 to do it. That is nearly half what I paid for the car so I just cannot justify that. Is there anything I can do to get a fair quote? Can I just say "you can make it a two piece"? Will that make it easier for them?

Im in Buffalo, NY btw.

Dude, you got a very fair quote. that car is a cork sorker to do. I've done 1 in my life, and thats one 2 many. You bought the Berretta of the '90's. You want it tinted? Get a second job!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I own a 1992 cutlass supreme and today I was looking around to see how much it would be to tint. I called a few places and so far $300 was my highest price (it was early so not many places were open).

I just read a few cutlass threads and it seems this car is a f**k and a half to tint, because of the back window. I've seen you guys say that you charge about $600 to do it. That is nearly half what I paid for the car so I just cannot justify that. Is there anything I can do to get a fair quote? Can I just say "you can make it a two piece"? Will that make it easier for them?

Im in Buffalo, NY btw.

Dude, you got a very fair quote. that car is a cork sorker to do. I've done 1 in my life, and thats one 2 many. You bought the Berretta of the '90's. You want it tinted? Get a second job!

what the phuck is a cork sorker rocket boy :dunno:lol2

Guest Key West

Im in Buffalo, NY btw.

what the phuck is a cork sorker rocket boy :please:lol2

Willie, Thax man, this is my 600th post! And why are you asking me what that is? ((I've heard things about you and Zo) :gasp:dunno:dunno:beer:gasp

JK BRO :please

BTW Do you have a beard and horns?

Im in Buffalo, NY btw.

what the phuck is a cork sorker rocket boy :please:please

Willie, Thax man, this is my 600th post! And why are you asking me what that is? ((I've heard things about you and Zo) :gasp:dunno:gasp:lol2:lol2

JK BRO :dunno

BTW Do you have a beard and horns?

Zo's gonna kick your azz :beer

Guest tinterjim

Funny this post popped up again. I had a dude come by today for a quote on his cutlass I gave him my price....... he asked me if I was serious, I told him yes.... as serious as a heart attack. He left came back 4 hours later and said he couldn't even find another tinter in the area willing to do it........ :dunno

Guest Key West

somebody find that guy who tinted one in one piece the cutlass backglass I would like to talk to him!!!!

it can be done...just dont have the ppl out here that want to pay me for it.. :gasp

:beer:lol2:beer:bat:dunno Seems that noone wants to pay for all the extra work involved, either IE complete removal & replacement of the rear compartment. 45 min to an hour extra work! :bat

YES! nuff said!

About the Cutlass? Or Zo, Willie, and the williegoats? :gasp:lol2:please:please

I just know my azz is grazz for this, am I right? :gasp:dunno:beer

:cool this car is a pain, but it can be done right for the right price.

Well Said!!!!! :)

Perfomance Distributing had an "open house" recently and had one of these cutlasses on hand with a challenge to do it in one clean. Of the many tinters there noone could lay it down. I had it layed on the outside, but took it to the inside and it felt like a drum head on the passenger side bottom corner.

One guy ended up doing it in 2 as the quy that lent his car for this had done so if he got his car tinted. I helped the guy do the 2 piece and even with the bottom piece only as tall as the bottom defroster line it still took heat to make the bottom corners lay down.....

I hope I never have to see another one of these come to me for a price.....I ask for an extra C note just for that back glass alone.....and that has turned away anyone so far.

The beretta was an easy car compared.....

Archived