Slip mix for cornelious

Guest naughtydog

Guest naughtydog

I am just getting my cornelious tank up and running and wanted a few pointers on the ratio of slip to water.

I normally use baby shampoo.

Do you fill your tank halfway. three-quarters with water or what works best??

If using baby shampoo - whats constitutes the correct amount?? I normally micro edge so like my film to tack up reasonably quickly, I cant be doing with it moving back and forth with every pass of the squeegee.

If you can give me any pointers it would help.

When using these tanks do any of you guys use them for flushing down back glasses or do you use plain water?

Naughtydog

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest signjoe
I am just getting my cornelious tank up and running and wanted a few pointers on the ratio of slip to water.

If using baby shampoo - whats constitutes the correct amount?? I normally micro edge so like my film to tack up reasonably quickly, I cant be doing with it moving back and forth with every pass of the squeegee.

When using these tanks do any of you guys use them for flushing down back glasses or do you use plain water?

Naughtydog

Hey there Naughty,

I just got mine going, but I just use it for washing with clean water.

I use film-on in a seperate pump up sprayer.

The cornelius is amazing for blasting dirt off - I'm looking for another one now for application!

You'll love it when you get it going , Naughty, but if you're going to use it for cleaning and app fluid in one, just measure your water from a plastic litre kitchen jug and add J&J pro rata as you did with the pressure sprayer.

I 60% fill it with water and pressurise with a small 12v compressor (only to 60 psi so far) and it lasts for ages - Bloody Brilliant!!!

Cheers

Joe

Guest naughtydog

I have it ready to go but there is leakage from the lid...the guy is sending me out a new lid. I am really pissed off as I wasted time today getting all the fittings sorted.

Where did u get the fittings from?

Naughty

Naughtydog

Hey there Naughty,

I just got mine going, but I just use it for washing with clean water.

I use film-on in a seperate pump up sprayer.

The cornelius is amazing for blasting dirt off - I'm looking for another one now for application!

You'll love it when you get it going , Naughty, but if you're going to use it for cleaning and app fluid in one, just measure your water from a plastic litre kitchen jug and add J&J pro rata as you did with the pressure sprayer.

I 60% fill it with water and pressurise with a small 12v compressor (only to 60 psi so far) and it lasts for ages - Bloody Brilliant!!!

Cheers

Joe

Archived