I cheated again today

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest solarspot

Looks good :gasp

I'm gonna ask a stupid question but where is your seam at? Do you wrap it all the way around the defroster or have a visible seam at the sides. Just wondering because I tried once to figure out a good way to do it with out it looking like a turd :coffee looks like you got it in real nice

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

thanks solarspot. If I remember right, it's on the 6th from the bottom.and yes it goes from one side all the way around to the other. the seam is directly on the defroster line. This is how we had to do some cars back in the day. Breaks down like this- lay 1 peec of film out as if you were doing a 1 peec. pick a defrost line thats close to the middle of the glass. cut the film along the defrost line in half. set the top peec of film aside. slide the bottom peec up one defrost line and shrink to shape. cut bottom and sides to fit. set that peec aside . now do the same for the top peec. make sure both peecs overlap a line. apply both peecs to the inside . cut on the defrost line on the inside where they overlap. pull out the overlap peecs as you spray slip onto the seam to prevent dry air bubbles. squeegee out around the seam and your done!

Guest a1wintinter
thanks solarspot. If I remember right, it's on the 6th from the bottom.and yes it goes from one side all the way around to the other. the seam is directly on the defroster line. This is how we had to do some cars back in the day. Breaks down like this- lay 1 peec of film out as if you were doing a 1 peec. pick a defrost line thats close to the middle of the glass. cut the film along the defrost line in half. set the top peec of film aside. slide the bottom peec up one defrost line and shrink to shape. cut bottom and sides to fit. set that peec aside . now do the same for the top peec. make sure both peecs overlap a line. apply both peecs to the inside . cut on the defrost line on the inside where they overlap. pull out the overlap peecs as you spray slip onto the seam to prevent dry air bubbles. squeegee out around the seam and your done!

Too moch work, :evileye Just one piece the darn thing

Archived