Film onto Laminated Glass INTERIOR - HELP

Guest Palomine

Guest Palomine

Afternoon All,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I need some advice kinda urgent. Ive been asked to quote on a shopfront, laminated glass in a wooden frame, approx 2.5mtr * 2.5 mtr. The customer is really cycnical about an external fit and is insisting on internal installation. NOW, normally I`d be "No Way Jose", but the guy wants a near clear film, and after taking advice from my supplier, he says a very light Auto film with approx 24% absorbtion "should be OK". So I say, alrigt, but if the glass cracks will you pay? Guess what he says "No way Jose". So, to the question, what would you guys consider a safe absorbtion figure to install to Laminated Glass internally?

As always any help given, much appreciated.

PS - This could be the 1st of many so I need it to be RIGHT!

:):evilgrin:)

Guest vclimber
Afternoon All,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I need some advice kinda urgent. Ive been asked to quote on a shopfront, laminated glass in a wooden frame, approx 2.5mtr * 2.5 mtr. The customer is really cycnical about an external fit and is insisting on internal installation. NOW, normally I`d be "No Way Jose", but the guy wants a near clear film, and after taking advice from my supplier, he says a very light Auto film with approx 24% absorbtion "should be OK". So I say, alrigt, but if the glass cracks will you pay? Guess what he says "No way Jose". So, to the question, what would you guys consider a safe absorbtion figure to install to Laminated Glass internally?

As always any help given, much appreciated.

PS - This could be the 1st of many so I need it to be RIGHT!

:lol6:evilgrin:)

It's not about "what is a safe absorbtion figure for laminated glass?" It is about "who makes a product that can be applied to laminated glass and warrantied against thermal breakage?" If your supplier recommended auto film, he is on crack. :)

Don't put yourself out on a limb. There are films that are designed and warrantied to be installed on laminated. Accept no substitutes. :lol2

Guest Palomine

Thanks for taking the time to answer V, any suggestions as to the best product/supplier. Guy wants a clear film to allow vision, but wants to stop/reduce fading to his window stock. I`m not happy fitting just a clear anti UV film as I dont think this will have much effect?(U may disagree?) im looking for something to curb a bit of the heat as well to increase performance!

:beer

As for my supplier (Who shall remain nameless), this isnt the 1st time I`ve had advicefrom them that Ive not been comfortable with, begining to wonder why Im bothering, maybe time for a change!

:nope:beer:nope

Guest vclimber
Thanks for taking the time to answer V, any suggestions as to the best product/supplier. Guy wants a clear film to allow vision, but wants to stop/reduce fading to his window stock. I`m not happy fitting just a clear anti UV film as I dont think this will have much effect?(U may disagree?) im looking for something to curb a bit of the heat as well to increase performance!

:lol2

As for my supplier (Who shall remain nameless), this isnt the 1st time I`ve had advicefrom them that Ive not been comfortable with, begining to wonder why Im bothering, maybe time for a change!

:bingo:lol2:beer

Huper ACHT. It rejects a lot of heat for a 78% vlt film, warrantied on laminated glass supposedly too.

Guest Palomine

Trying to find a huper supplier Uk or Spain, not so good. Ive contacted Leo to see if he can help but Ive also been given some advice that LLu N 1065 SR CDF would do same job, and sjouldnt cause any probs on an internal Lam Glass install, Any Views ?

:dunno

Guest vclimber
Trying to find a huper supplier Uk or Spain, not so good. Ive contacted Leo to see if he can help but Ive also been given some advice that LLu N 1065 SR CDF would do same job, and sjouldnt cause any probs on an internal Lam Glass install, Any Views ?

:dunno

N1065 should work fine, it won't reject as much solar energy, but the real question is "will your distributor warranty it for glass breakage?"

Archived