Meet Mr. Higgins

Guest Key West

Guest Key West

We got Mr. Higgins a few months ago. He is a Red Wolf, native to the Cumberland region. We do not restrain him, he chooses to stay with us, and has adopted us as his new "Pack". He is extremely social with us, but very timid and shies away from strangers. Just why he has chosen to be with us is still a mystery, as he has never been shy or timid around us. In fact, we have a 10 year old rat terrier (Mooch) and a 2 year old cat (Socks) and they play like pack mates. They are hilarious together. Little tiny Mooch Dominates him!!

As near as I (or the vet) can figure, he's about 6 to 8 months old and already outweighs my wife. And he's got island sized paws.

I named him Higgins for the character on Magnum, P.I. because of his standoffish nature around other people.

Just thought ya'll might like to know.

This has been a real learning experience for me, wolves are nothing like the folklore myths. This guy is a great addition to our family, as gentle a creature as I have ever met. I hope that he chooses to stay.

I'll keep you posted

post-13267-1155789590.jpg

post-13267-1155789609.jpg

Guest Key West
wow!!! Thats really cool.......I hope he sticks around too, sounds like he's not going to be going far!

The First night he spent with us, he was in the house (we have a pet door) and the wife and I had watched Underworld. ( werewolves and vampires) Well around 3:00 am I wake up and see him staring me in the face!!! All I could think was "Oh please Mr Wolf, Don't eat my face off!!" :beer:klingon

I have never been exposed to them before this and still have the inbred fears, although they are dying daily. the more I learn about these magnificent animals, the more I am amazed. :ohcrap

Guest Key West

:klingon

you need to re-name mooch and socks......to LUNCH

Actually, ( read my Profile) That would be LAUNCH! :ohcrap

And if we DO have a prob, higgins could be changed to PAYLOAD :beer

Although I'd play hell getting him into the bay.... :shock

Archived