has anyone used mac3000

Guest tintguy7

Guest tintguy7

just got my roll in today, and it is not what I expected :klingon I thought ceramic films supposed to be a low reflective film with great clarity with optimum efficientcy :ohcrap I put it up against st inf 38 and mac3000 is WAY more reflective than that :beer my question is, is that how ceramic films supposed to look or did I get a bad batch? it also has a pink hue to it. anyone who uses this or has seen this, your comments is greatly appreciated. :shock

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber

MAC is not as low reflective of a film as other ceramics because it is single ply. The multi-ply ceramic has an extra layer which brings the reflectance down to 9-12% depending on which VLT film you go with. Clear glass is around 8%.

Guest tintjob@yahoo
MAC is not as low reflective of a film as other ceramics because it is single ply. The multi-ply ceramic has an extra layer which brings the reflectance down to 9-12% depending on which VLT film you go with. Clear glass is around 8%.

not a rep??? whatever :beer

I've used it on residential and had my car done with the 30. It is a bit more reflective than some, but not like the brighter metalic films. I was concerned about the pinkish look as well, but it doesn't show. On some residential jobs with duel pane, you notice it a bit if you are looking at a reflection that is white...

This is ceramic 4000 and 6000 on the d&p

I'd try it out and see what you think. I think for auto, it would be a great film.

Here is the 3000 and 6000. Sorry for the bad pic...

post-239-1155796465.jpg

post-239-1155796871.jpg

Guest vclimber

Looks good on a car but on flat glass you can really see a difference between MAC and less reflective ceramic films. The real deal killer for flat glass is that MAC does not come in 72" rolls. :lol6

Word on the street is that there will be another single-ply 72" ceramic on the market very soon to compete with the MAC films. :uh

Guest tintgod
Looks good on a car but on flat glass you can really see a difference between MAC and less reflective ceramic films. The real deal killer for flat glass is that MAC does not come in 72" rolls. :uh

Word on the street is that there will be another single-ply 72" ceramic on the market very soon to compete with the MAC films. :uh

:lol6

Guest vclimber

Looks good on a car but on flat glass you can really see a difference between MAC and less reflective ceramic films. The real deal killer for flat glass is that MAC does not come in 72" rolls. :lol6

Word on the street is that there will be another single-ply 72" ceramic on the market very soon to compete with the MAC films. :lol6

:uh

:uh Don't worry, someday Sun Tek will make a ceramic. :uh

Guest tintgod

Word on the street is that there will be another single-ply 72" ceramic on the market very soon to compete with the MAC films. :lol6

:uh

:uh Don't worry, someday Sun Tek will make a ceramic. :uh

not worried about it :uh

Archived