Relective from the outside?

Guest Tintin' Magician

Guest Tintin' Magician

Just wanted to run something by you guys. I am doing a project in which a few panes have to be done on the outside of the building. I have some panes that have been painted over and I have tried removing the paint but it is taking us 3 hours to remove 1 29x29 pane. With 16 of these panes, the math is not very good. My question to you is, if I used a clear film would it be reflective if I installed it from the outside? Would you be able to tell from 20 yards away which windows were done on the outside? If you guys have any suggestions other than that, please let me know.

Guest Tintin' Magician

very cool, I know it's not going to last as long but it is an eye surgery center and they put paint over their windows in the exam rooms. I did the building (1600 sq. ft.) in llumar N1050 and it looks great. I just didn't want those few windows mucking up the exterior of a otherwise perfect job. Thanks a million! :beer

Guest Tintin' Magician

It's not supposed to match, the windows were painted black on the inside and it's just for protection only. They are I.g. units so I couldn't black them out. I just didn't want the few that had to be done on the outside to have a horrible shine and draw attention away from a beautiful job otherwise. So it's not as much about the color as it is about the reflection. And my crazy ass employer wanted me to just stick it over the paint! :beer Do you believe that? That is some :beer right there!

Guest Key West
It's not supposed to match, the windows were painted black on the inside and it's just for protection only. They are I.g. units so I couldn't black them out. I just didn't want the few that had to be done on the outside to have a horrible shine and draw attention away from a beautiful job otherwise. So it's not as much about the color as it is about the reflection. And my crazy ass employer wanted me to just stick it over the paint! :gasp Do you believe that? That is some :krazy right there!

But then, look at who you work for :lol6:bingo:gasp

Archived