REMOVING TINT WITH OVEN CLEANER

Guest RCOOTE

I used Rapid Remover for the first time a few weeks ago on a back glass w defrosters, it turned the adhesive to goo. One swipe of my hard card and I had clean glass. I was very impressed. The stuff has a very strong citrus smell tho, so I made sure to mask off the surrounding area very well.

I would definetly suggest Rapid remover vs Iso Alcohol, which is what ive been using to date.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintman AZ
I used Rapid Remover for the first time a few weeks ago on a back glass w defrosters, it turned the adhesive to goo. One swipe of my hard card and I had clean glass. I was very impressed. The stuff has a very strong citrus smell tho, so I made sure to mask off the surrounding area very well.

I would definetly suggest Rapid remover vs Iso Alcohol, which is what ive been using to date.

Just kind of curious. Isn't the gooey adhesive kind of a mess compared to the r. alcohol you couldn't even find any adhesive. But yes you definately want to hold your breath when spraying the back glass with alcohol.

Just kind of curious. Isn't the gooey adhesive kind of a mess compared to the r. alcohol you couldn't even find any adhesive. But yes you definately want to hold your breath when spraying the back glass with alcohol.

I does make a mess, so its a good idea to prepare for that before you start by masking the back deck in one way or another. I still think it beats scrubing the damn thing for an hour.

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

wow...oven cleaner, I've used it to clean old grease covered engine blocks...dont think I'll want to put it on my windows I have to get film to stick to. I use some orange cleaner that we get from the detail truck and a white scotchbrite...and thats after sweating or steaming forever to get the crap film off.

Archived