12 years of limo

That's right.....12 years and no apparent seal failures or glass failure. Eye doctor office in Southern Illinois. They had 3 windows shot with a BB gun.....and now want the tint replaced. I explained why they should not put it on but with a 12 year track record on the old tint it is hard to really argue it off. There were 21 windows that are 24" x 55" and 2 glass doors on the one side of the building....all with the 5% on them.

I have to get a picture of this when I go and tint the new windows. Would love to talk them into a R&R for the whole thing so that they would have better solar energy rejection and optical clarity....but they are not likely to want to spend that money when they can get the 3 done for little......

Hopefully I can post the pics in a couple weeks.....

windows must be facing the the North or have full shading :evilgrin

They'll still lighten up a little from the UV alone after 12 years.

not if there Madico ole "TR" will be around here in a little while to attest to that :dunno

I am sure they have faded.....they have a purple tinge to them.....and there are some monster trees that would shade most of the time....21 on the west, a few on north, and several on the south.....

I informed them that it would not match....mostly just looking for something to make it close....

Guest tintgod

I just did a R/R job today..20 year old 3M..looked like a 20%..looked and felt like auto film..double pane sliders...purple as hell..but the film looked nice and clear...southern exposure ...they did have one of the panes break...they didnt even notice the purple color tell I said something about it.. :evilgrin

I am sure they have faded.....they have a purple tinge to them.....and there are some monster trees that would shade most of the time....21 on the west, a few on north, and several on the south.....

I informed them that it would not match....mostly just looking for something to make it close....

Go to Auto Zone and get some Gila to slap on there, that s**t has a purple tinge right out of the box so it might match! :nono

Guest vclimber

windows must be facing the the North or have full shading :tw

They'll still lighten up a little from the UV alone after 12 years.

not if there Madico ole "TR" will be around here in a little while to attest to that :lol2

That's because it Rocks! :lol2

I just did a R/R job today..20 year old 3M..looked like a 20%..looked and felt like auto film..double pane sliders...purple as hell..but the film looked nice and clear...southern exposure ...they did have one of the panes break...they didnt even notice the purple color tell I said something about it.. :nono

I just looked as some 20% that is almost clear now with a tinge of violet in it. No bubbles... The invoice is from 1987, I can't believe they kept it! :beer

Archived