ARMORCOAT PROBLEMS!

Guest THEGLASSPROTECTOR75

HAS ANYONE HAD ANY ISSUES WITH INSTALLING ARMORCOAT, 8MILL, 50,35,20.

I HAVE BEEN INSTALLING ARMORCOAT FILM FOR THE LAST 6MONTHS, THE 4 MILL IS GREAT NO ISSUES, BUT WHATS THE DEAL WITH THEIR 8 MILL, THE SH-- IS FREAKIN INTIMIDATING, "JUST THE BOX ALONE".

BUT REALY, THE ISSUES IM HAVING ARE ALOT OF BUBLING, AND DRYING OUT REALY FAST BEFORE ICAN CUT AND SQEEGEE, IM TALKIN WITH A TON OF SPRAYING,EVEN AFTER WETING THE FILM AND THE GLASS. DOESNT HAPPEN ALL THE TIME, AND I KNOW ON WINDOWS WITH DIRECT SUN EXPOSURE THIS CAN HAPPEN, BUT ON CLOUDY DAYS THIS FILM IS ALOT TO HANDLE, MAYBE IM JUST BITCHING, BUT AFTER DEALIN WITH THIS STUFF, ALL OTHER FILM SEEMS LIKE A VACATION, EVEN 3M WHICH I HATE WITH PASSION!

ANYWAY JUST LOOKIN FOR SOME FEEDBACK :nono

Guest VOLTRON

well chad, If you precut the windows first and continue to wet both the film and the glass, you wont get those dry spots. And your technique on pushing the water out is key too, overlap every pass and go over the window twice. Take a 4 inch scraper and unscrew the handle and screw it into the unger handle on yer film squeegee and use it for leverage. And you dont need some wierd solution mix, just use some J&J, a little alchohol and rest water.

Guest carbontc

I HAVE BEEN INSTALLING ARMORCOAT FILM FOR THE LAST 6MONTHS, THE 4 MILL IS GREAT NO ISSUES, BUT WHATS THE DEAL WITH THEIR 8 MILL, THE SH-- IS FREAKIN INTIMIDATING, "JUST THE BOX ALONE".

BUT REALY, THE ISSUES IM HAVING ARE ALOT OF BUBLING, AND DRYING OUT REALY FAST BEFORE ICAN CUT AND SQEEGEE, IM TALKIN WITH A TON OF SPRAYING,EVEN AFTER WETING THE FILM AND THE GLASS. DOESNT HAPPEN ALL THE TIME, AND I KNOW ON WINDOWS WITH DIRECT SUN EXPOSURE THIS CAN HAPPEN, BUT ON CLOUDY DAYS THIS FILM IS ALOT TO HANDLE, MAYBE IM JUST BITCHING, BUT AFTER DEALIN WITH THIS STUFF, ALL OTHER FILM SEEMS LIKE A VACATION, EVEN 3M WHICH I HATE WITH PASSION!

ANYWAY JUST LOOKIN FOR SOME FEEDBACK :beer

switch to llumar and forget about armorcoat, I had the same problem with the film. I dont like it..and even the huge 6" core :dunno

Guest Key West

ANYWAY JUST LOOKIN FOR SOME FEEDBACK :dunno

switch to llumar and forget about armorcoat, I had the same problem with the film. I dont like it..and even the huge 6" core :beer

Agreed. I haven't had the champagne bubbles in any other film except Armor Coat. Sloar Gard even sent Mike Byrd to give us a seminar on how to reduce the bubble effect. It involved re-learning my squegee techniques. I'm thinking that I'm not gonna throw away 30+ years of experience, and re-learn how to tint, just so I can use that product when I do not have that problem with any other film. :bat The "Champagne" effect is only inherent in Armor coat (to my knowledge :dunno ) And that tells me there is a problem with the adhesive. Rather than try and change the work habits of those of us with years in the field, why not try and make a product that is more installer friendly? I feel just as confident installing GlassGard or Magnum 8 mil, and don't have to reinvent the wheel to install them!!! And the 6" core REALLY does suck!! Try loading THAT on a filmhandler by yourself!! :bat:lol6

HEY DUDES THANKS FOR THE FEED! IM GLAD TO HEAR IM NOT ALONE WITH THE ARMORCOAT BULLS--T. I ALSO MET MIKE BYRD, HE SAID SOMETHING ABOUT THE GLUE BEING THICKER THAN OTHER FILMS, AND HOW YOU HAVE TO PUT JUST THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF PRESSURE ON THE FILM, WITH THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF WATER, OR SOME S--T LIKE THAT, BASICALY WHAT HAVE FOUND IS ONCE THAT S--T HITS THE GLASS YOUR CHANCES OF GETTING IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME WITHOUT BLOWING THE FILM ARE SLIM, SO I GUESS THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE GLUE. DONT GET ME RONG 7 TIMES OUT OF TEN I HAVE NO PROBLEMS INSTALLING THIS STUFF, BUT FOR WHAT BEAKART CHARGES FOR IT AND THE HASLES INVOLED, I THINK THEY SHOULD COME UP WITH A BETTER SOLUTION FOR THOSE THAT ACTUALLY HAVE TO INSTALL IT DAY AFTER DAY 6 DAYS A WEEK! THANKS FOR LISTENING TO MY RANT.

Guest Key West
HEY DUDES THANKS FOR THE FEED! IM GLAD TO HEAR IM NOT ALONE WITH THE ARMORCOAT BULLS--T. I ALSO MET MIKE BYRD, HE SAID SOMETHING ABOUT THE GLUE BEING THICKER THAN OTHER FILMS, AND HOW YOU HAVE TO PUT JUST THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF PRESSURE ON THE FILM, WITH THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF WATER, OR SOME S--T LIKE THAT, BASICALY WHAT HAVE FOUND IS ONCE THAT S--T HITS THE GLASS YOUR CHANCES OF GETTING IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME WITHOUT BLOWING THE FILM ARE SLIM, SO I GUESS THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE GLUE. DONT GET ME RONG 7 TIMES OUT OF TEN I HAVE NO PROBLEMS INSTALLING THIS STUFF, BUT FOR WHAT BEAKART CHARGES FOR IT AND THE HASLES INVOLED, I THINK THEY SHOULD COME UP WITH A BETTER SOLUTION FOR THOSE THAT ACTUALLY HAVE TO INSTALL IT DAY AFTER DAY 6 DAYS A WEEK! THANKS FOR LISTENING TO MY RANT.

NO DOUBT!!! :bingo Why should we re-invent the wheel, just so we can use thier product when every other product out there goes up without the hassles? :lol6

I'd bet that those 3 out of 10 times are with 72"x100" windows? NEVER happens with a small double-hung :lol6

Archived