Going from Llumar to 3m...

I've never had shrinking problems, guess cuz I've used some trash before when I worked for others. But I think TD may be talking about the thickness and slow to heat. I don't get to use CS 5% on back glass here, but I know it's thick. I usually use dual guns on everything except some of the thinner reflective tints. That's just to keep out the "waves" that show up so easy on mirror

Brother, it's so bad, we dont even attempt 1 piecers on very difficult back glass's with CS 5%.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have to turn it down. I don't know how to do two piece windows. I know the first time I felt it I thought I grabbed two pieces. I do wish 20 was legal here though. I'm glad 5 isn't. A little less headache. I have done CRV's and such with it and it was time consuming. I thought it was just me being slow

Anywhere that it touches a seal will eventually get impression marks.

OMG TD that is right!

I've seen 4 month old installs that are really badly damaged by tight seals and imagine the stuff in a few years time?

Something must hit the fan sooner than later and I'm glad I'm not using it.

Devil

Guest tintdawg

I think 'cs' issue lies within the liner. I played with it one day, and found that the liner will shrink differantly than the product. Solorgarb had the same problem. I really like the 'cs' line, but have always said, 'Why use a product that doesn't work WITH you'. Why do you want to leave LuLu, she's a good biach.

Anywhere that it touches a seal will eventually get impression marks.

OMG TD that is right!

I've seen 4 month old installs that are really badly damaged by tight seals and imagine the stuff in a few years time?

Something must hit the fan sooner than later and I'm glad I'm not using it.

Devil

I talked to the rep about this and they said I need to "bump the edges" a little extra, I dont know if it has helped or not I cant remember which ones I bumped and which ones I just slung up there. :beer

Guest atlantic1981
I am thinking about changing shops for good reasons. I am using llumar now, a great film in my opinion. I am afraid of going to a film I am not familiar with. Is 3m a harder film to work with than llumar???
you will regret it !!! don't do it ..... it is a inferior product it does not matter what people will think ... llumar makes far superior films and excellent adhesives. stick with the best...... plus 3 M variety of films is pathetic , they have another companies making their other films like the FX HP and their blackchrome ( really ugly film) done by somebody else.. not 3m adhesives and no 3M logos on the film due to obvious reasons.. good luck.....

java script:emoticon(':?', 'smid_26')

:beer

Archived