New Car

Guest afi292

Im pumped, I bought a 06 Lincoln Zephyr. I tinted my 03 taurus (my 6th tint job to date), and it turned out well. This time around , id either do it myself, or get a professional because I do not have the time...

So I have two questions, 1: are these cars hard to tint? Hows it compare to a taurus?

2: what % do you reccomend(50% side/25% back on the taurus)

Thanks...

for ref, the taurus

tint1.jpg

tint2.jpg

tint3.jpg

new car, zephyr

zephyrpark1.jpg

zephyrpark6.jpg

zephyrpark17.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zephyrs are easy to tint, if you did that taurus you wond have nearly as much problems tintting the zephyr.

The only thing :eyebrows about that car is the little windows on the back doors, they have a recesssed rubber seal around them which makes it nearly impossible to tint the whole window unless you take it out or do a major trim job on the rubber holding the glass in.

I REALLY like those cars :beer its about time FORD/LINCOLN came up with a car that com compete with the ACCORD/CAMRY/ALTIMA type cars.

Zephyrs are easy to tint, if you did that taurus you wond have nearly as much problems tintting the zephyr.

The only thing :beer about that car is the little windows on the back doors, they have a recesssed rubber seal around them which makes it nearly impossible to tint the whole window unless you take it out or do a major trim job on the rubber holding the glass in.

I REALLY like those cars :eyebrows its about time FORD/LINCOLN came up with a car that com compete with the ACCORD/CAMRY/ALTIMA type cars.

I did a walk around my car today looking at the windows... I noticed that rubber part on the back side windows... I tried peeling it up a bit to see if I could slide tint under it but it appears that id have to butt it against it flush... which might cause some issues.

Also, the back window has about 4 inches of dot matrix, should I just wet sand that? There is, strangely enough wires (like defroster wires) that run through the dot matrix... im almost thinking its the antenna, because if you notice in the pictures, the car is missing one... will it hurt the wires to sand them?

Archived