New Car

Guest afi292

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there are wires in the matrix, they are likely antennas. Don't sand those unless you are sure of your skillz and know you can without going through them. If they don't feel real thick, I might not touch them at all. Do NOT razor them. Just keep in mind it could be a $1000 mistake if you nick them. Nothing less then 1000 grit if you choose such a path.

I personally have not tinted a Zephyr yet, so I can't answer for sure. Nice car though

Zephyrs are easy to tint, if you did that taurus you wond have nearly as much problems tintting the zephyr.

The only thing :beer about that car is the little windows on the back doors, they have a recesssed rubber seal around them which makes it nearly impossible to tint the whole window unless you take it out or do a major trim job on the rubber holding the glass in.

I REALLY like those cars :eyebrows its about time FORD/LINCOLN came up with a car that com compete with the ACCORD/CAMRY/ALTIMA type cars.

Oh, thought of another question for you..how hard was it to take off the 3rd break light? Did it require removing the entire deck? Could it just be removed seperately? Thanks

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

Zephyrs are easy to tint, if you did that taurus you wond have nearly as much problems tintting the zephyr.

The only thing :beer about that car is the little windows on the back doors, they have a recesssed rubber seal around them which makes it nearly impossible to tint the whole window unless you take it out or do a major trim job on the rubber holding the glass in.

I REALLY like those cars :beer its about time FORD/LINCOLN came up with a car that com compete with the ACCORD/CAMRY/ALTIMA type cars.

Oh, thought of another question for you..how hard was it to take off the 3rd break light? Did it require removing the entire deck? Could it just be removed seperately? Thanks

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REMOVE THE 3RD BRAKE LIGHT!!!! I can't stress this enough! FIRE HAZZARD!

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

It was in last months Gila Gazzette. I'll scan and post here in a minute.

I appoligize if I am confused on the models of these cars. Is the Zepher the same as a Fusion or a Five Hundred ? anyway , this is what I have.

500warning014.jpg

dayum, sorry about the size . Must be fuberd

I can see that happening. The brake lighting from the Malibu's and G6's (Z bodies) have a wire coming straight from the BCM with the fuse on the supply on the other side of the BCM and I've seen one burn itself (module and wire) up with a short on the load side. Good call Rick

I REALLY like those cars :beer its about time FORD/LINCOLN came up with a car that com compete with the ACCORD/CAMRY/ALTIMA type cars.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REMOVE THE 3RD BRAKE LIGHT!!!! I can't stress this enough! FIRE HAZZARD!

I will put it back after I tint.. can you please elaborate? Does it short out and get hotif removed?

It was in last months Gila Gazzette. I'll scan and post here in a minute.

I appoligize if I am confused on the models of these cars. Is the Zepher the same as a Fusion or a Five Hundred ? anyway , this is what I have.

500warning014.jpg

dayum, sorry about the size . Must be fuberd

wow thanks for that info.... I never would of found out unless I came on here :-o

the lincoln zelphyr shares the same frame as the fusion, and mazda 6.

If there are wires in the matrix, they are likely antennas. Don't sand those unless you are sure of your skillz and know you can without going through them. If they don't feel real thick, I might not touch them at all. Do NOT razor them. Just keep in mind it could be a $1000 mistake if you nick them. Nothing less then 1000 grit if you choose such a path.

I personally have not tinted a Zephyr yet, so I can't answer for sure. Nice car though

Ive been reading people have problems with the fusion/zephyr dots on the rear window... if I do lightly sand it, think it will stick ok? I dont want it to look like crap lol

Archived