contamination - re-do or $$$ back?

Guest 92Rover

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the metal shows up too much dirt,

:whisper And the guy tinted it in a car parking lot.....he's a friggin clown.

Get you money back and take it to a professional shop with professional cred.

devil

:thumb

the ole parking lot tintjob - you have no reason to complain if this is what you asked for

Guest Key West

Whoa! Some of the Range Rovers had a major problem with pitted glass. That may or may not be the case with yours. If it does, the dyed film would hide it more than the metalized , which tends to amplify it more.

you're right. I forgot about that. doesn't explain the hair's. :lol maybe he was taking care of other business as well. I remember the pits on one I did. Thought it was weld marks at first. Found no evidence of previous body work and decided to just stare at it puzzled :whisper

It's not pitted glass (I got a _very_ good look at it while removing the old tint, took about four hours doing it), the guy is supposedly a pro who does this for a living, he tints for some of the local dealers and auto custom shops, but he came out and did the job in the parking lot where I work. I just _really_ wish he would have told me ahead of time if he didn't think he could get a clean job where he was doing it, or I would have made arrangements to have him do it elsewhere had he told me. It also wasn't the cheapest estimate I got, either.... :beer

What in the name of God were you thinking, letting someone tint your vehicle OUTSIDE in a PARKING LOT? As opposed to a windborn debris free, clean environment like, say.... a Tint Shop? Don't get me wrong. I've seen (and done) some awesome outside jobs, but conditions were just right. Most mobile tinters fall into one of two categories. Just starting out, willing to do anything or the Absolute professional, who understands the problems associated with outdoor/mobile tinting. The latter category generally charge a bit higher than a shop, because they provide more convenience to the customer. With the former, you'll get a lower price, and lower quality. Ya get what ya pay for. :beer:lol2:thumb

Guest Beeline

the metal shows up too much dirt,

:beer And the guy tinted it in a car parking lot.....he's a friggin clown.

Get you money back and take it to a professional shop with professional cred.

devil

:beer

the ole parking lot tintjob - you have no reason to complain if this is what you asked for

I AGREE WITH THIS 100%

Guest 92Rover
What in the name of God were you thinking, letting someone tint your vehicle OUTSIDE in a PARKING LOT? As opposed to a windborn debris free, clean environment like, say.... a Tint Shop? Don't get me wrong. I've seen (and done) some awesome outside jobs, but conditions were just right. Most mobile tinters fall into one of two categories. Just starting out, willing to do anything or the Absolute professional, who understands the problems associated with outdoor/mobile tinting. The latter category generally charge a bit higher than a shop, because they provide more convenience to the customer. With the former, you'll get a lower price, and lower quality. Ya get what ya pay for. :beer:beer:beer

I _thought_ I was getting the latter.... He said he'd been doing this for years, lifetime guarantee, etc., etc., etc.. If he wasn't going to be able to control the dust- he should have said so.

Guest Key West

What in the name of God were you thinking, letting someone tint your vehicle OUTSIDE in a PARKING LOT? As opposed to a windborn debris free, clean environment like, say.... a Tint Shop? Don't get me wrong. I've seen (and done) some awesome outside jobs, but conditions were just right. Most mobile tinters fall into one of two categories. Just starting out, willing to do anything or the Absolute professional, who understands the problems associated with outdoor/mobile tinting. The latter category generally charge a bit higher than a shop, because they provide more convenience to the customer. With the former, you'll get a lower price, and lower quality. Ya get what ya pay for. :hump:hump:lol2

I _thought_ I was getting the latter.... He said he'd been doing this for years, lifetime guarantee, etc., etc., etc.. If he wasn't going to be able to control the dust- he should have said so.

How can you control Mother Nature? You should have known by common sense that the wind is blowing dirt around!!! Inside in a controlled environment, or outside in the wind? C'mon man! :hump:hump

regardless of where he did it he already said he would retint the dirty windows, therefore he knows you are very particular to your vehicle. this second time he should take the appropriate measures to get a quality job. just explain/show him your concerned areas and if he is truly a professional, he should be able to take care of it no matter the conditions. just give him a chance, not that many people are stupid enough to refer a hack tinter. he probably just ran inot a couple of problems that he now knows he wont get away with.

Archived