contamination - re-do or $$$ back?

Guest 92Rover

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Key West

Aren't there mobile tinters here on the forum who swear up and down they have no problems tinting outside?

HEAT< COLD< WIND< DUST< BUGS< :bat

I started out mobile back in '83 and did some awesome jobs (some really crappy ones, too!) I look back at the mobile days and shudder. How the hell did I do that? And for so long? :bat

Aren't there mobile tinters here on the forum who swear up and down they have no problems tinting outside?

no problemo here mi amigo, get in, shut the doors, and pull the liner.

How do any in shop diva's ever do flat glass? Do they drive the buildings back to the shop :bat

Guest Key West

How do any in shop diva's ever do flat glass? Do they drive the buildings back to the shop :dunno

In Shop Diva here,

No I do NOT drive the building back to the shop. But OH!!.....You are comparing apples to oranges. Tinting a car outside and tinting the inside of an office or living room are two entirely different aspects of the tint world :lol2:please

Just because some of you can't do clean on site work does not mean it cannot be done. Yes, some of us are mobile, and can do quality work outside. But it does requre a flexible schedule, Mother Nature does not always cooperate. :dunno

Personally, I avoid clients that insist on doing their own removals. Spend a little more, let the tinter do it. We know what it takes to have the windows properly prepared for new film installation.

At least give your tinter a chance to address the problem. :beer

Guest Sprinter

How do any in shop diva's ever do flat glass? Do they drive the buildings back to the shop :lol

:beer I knew sl*t would say something humorous

Just because some of you can't do clean on site work does not mean it cannot be done. Yes, some of us are mobile, and can do quality work outside. But it does requre a flexible schedule, Mother Nature does not always cooperate. :beach

Personally, I avoid clients that insist on doing their own removals. Spend a little more, let the tinter do it. We know what it takes to have the windows properly prepared for new film installation.

At least give your tinter a chance to address the problem. :rollin

another punch to the kiddneys :lol

Guest Sprinter

debate debate debate, rover92 sounds like this tinter no matter how pricey, is putting out this kind of work all the time, and why did'nt he check out his work before giving it back to you, he did clean the windows and is staring at the film when doing so but the mentallity of doing so many dealers is that they don't care they just need the cheapest price and if theres a hair in it so what.....................give him the chance to redo it in your clean garage when all eles fails money back in your pocket.

if there is'nt a covered parking space with a roof over my head then there is no tint job for that person period.

I allways think if you want me to tint in your drive way or parking lot then you should stand there in the blazing sun with me, the problem with this is I know the solution will dry out too soon and just make me mad, so its eaiser to say thanks but no thanks your better taking it to a shop.

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

whats going on here...he got his car tinted outside and now he's complaining? im not much for reading whole posts :poke how did you get the car to him, was he sitting on a stool in the parkinglot or did you bring it to a shop and then for whatever reason he pulled it outside to tint? I've tinted halfway in a garage and the wind and blowing dust was so annoying I said forget it and told the guy he needed to bring it to the shop.

Archived