contamination - re-do or $$$ back?

Guest 92Rover

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest IsLNdbOi

Absolutely not. I did my research and asked around for a couple of weeks before getting it tinted. However, the shops that were recommended are way too far from my home. I'm a full time student and work part time as well. I don't have anyone that could give me a ride to pick up my car if I had brought them to one of these far places.

Anyway, I made my decision and decided to go for convenience instead and this is what I got. I just have to live with it now. Maybe someone will accidentally break that window in the future and then I can have it replaced with my insurance. Then I can also get a new tint job.

Guest IsLNdbOi

Well, I went to a nice tint shop today and had them look at the tint job I got from the mobile jerks. This tint shop I went to is an authorized Llumar dealer / installer. This tint shop said that whatever the mobile ppl. put in, it was definitely not Llumar film like they said it was. Also, the tint shop took out this little gadget that they put over the window. It measured how dark the tint was and they said that the mobile ppls'. tint was more like 15% ~ 20%. I got the tint removed and had real Llumar film installed. I went with ATR 35 CH SR HPR all around. I like it much better than the crap the mobile ppl. put in. It's much easier to see out my windows now at night and there's no blocking reflection over the part of the driver and passenger side windows that block the side mirrors.

I got a receipt this time and on the back of the receipt / sheet was Llumar's warranty.

Place I went to is "Tint World" on Hacienda and Decatur here in Las Vegas. One neat thing they had was a computer that had a database of window dimensions and schematics for lots and lots of different cars. They just had to bring up my car on the computer and the machine connected to the computer would automatically cut the Llumar film the right size and shape for my windows.

Well, I went to a nice tint shop today and had them look at the tint job I got from the mobile jerks. This tint shop I went to is an authorized Llumar dealer / installer. This tint shop said that whatever the mobile ppl. put in, it was definitely not Llumar film like they said it was. Also, the tint shop took out this little gadget that they put over the window. It measured how dark the tint was and they said that the mobile ppls'. tint was more like 15% ~ 20%. I got the tint removed and had real Llumar film installed. I went with ATR 35 CH SR HPR all around. I like it much better than the crap the mobile ppl. put in. It's much easier to see out my windows now at night and there's no blocking reflection over the part of the driver and passenger side windows that block the side mirrors.

I got a receipt this time and on the back of the receipt / sheet was Llumar's warranty.

Place I went to is "Tint World" on Hacienda and Decatur here in Las Vegas. One neat thing they had was a computer that had a database of window dimensions and schematics for lots and lots of different cars. They just had to bring up my car on the computer and the machine connected to the computer would automatically cut the Llumar film the right size and shape for my windows.

Glad you're happy, what about the scratches?

Guest IsLNdbOi

There's nothing that can be done with the scratches. Went to a couple of auto glass shops, but all can only fix rock chips.

Many of them also said that once you replace a window, the replacement never sits as well as the original window.

There's nothing that can be done with the scratches. Went to a couple of auto glass shops, but all can only fix rock chips.

Many of them also said that once you replace a window, the replacement never sits as well as the original window.

I was just curious, about the replacement, a competent installer and OEM quality glass can make it work correctly. What brand of car?

Archived