Inventory control

Guest Key West

Guest Key West

I have heard of people using a micrometer to accurately measure what's left on a roll. Anyone familiar with this? I assume that there is a formula that takes into account the thickness and diameter of the core and the thickness of the film. If there is such a thing I'd LOVE to know about it. :whisper

Guest Key West
most tinters can look and guess real close.

Yeah, I can look and guess rael close, But there have been several times that I came up about a foot or two short on the last window of a house. I just was wondering if anyone knew of a formula that can be used with a micrometer. I generally will roll it out and measure these days, But MAN is that a pita. It would be nice to know whats in the box to within a foot. :bat

Lulu has charts for weight on all their films....weigh the roll and look up the tint type.....now you know.

I have been using SnGard and have rolled it out and marked the rolls back in at 3 foot increments.....

I have recently been just using the system of deducting off what I have used and marking the box when done.....that is for flat films only...

auto I just order more when the roll is close to the end....

Guest CJ Shades
there was one guy years ago who used to weigh it :spit

just keep an extra roll on hand :thumb

This was the method I plan on using once I get a few employees. I can tell when I need to order a new roll, I just want to make sure my guys aren't tinting cars on the side using my film. This is the best method I've come up with. I know bars do it with the liquor to make sure they don't get ripped. It would just be a PIA, but would save money on film.

Guest Key West

Ya ever come up a foot or so short on a job because you "eyeballed" the roll? Nothing like knowing how much film you actually have with you!!! :trustme

I use to just mark on the box as I cut some film off and then just added up the totals, then on the front label, mark how much is left. This was helpful when the next job came up, I could just look under the table and know how much I have, and need to order. But today, I order close to what I need within the 25' increments, but I dont do allot of flat glass, yet. :rollin

Yeah, I did a job a week ago and looked at the end of the roll and thought I had enough. Cut the film at the job, and left about 1" on the core. Usually for me, its 1" short, I finally caught a break. :rollin

Archived