Anyone use SunTek Standard film??

If you want to reply in PM, that is fine. Just curious what you think. Considering it for the cheapo dealers. If I could find a way to just shove 10ft of it up their asses and still get paid for it, I would consider that, but instead I am thinking of downgrading their whiney asses. I'm coming from SolarGard NR TrueGrey/Supreme

with a 3 year warrenty....I wouldnt expect much of it. Never used it tho. HP is nice tho.

HP keep me in the same price, that's the down side, and if I'm going to be in the same price, I have no real complaints about SG that would lead me to switch.

Let me remind you, these guys complained when I raised the price $1 fricken dollar to an even amount. We just raised another $10 on 4 doors, it was like the end of the world.

Personally I would just do without, my store doesn't need them, I'm doing at least one UP job a week which is like tinting 5 dealer cars and almost all the rest of my jobs are HP jobs which are like 2 dealer cars. I have another location that does about 1/2 dealer cars, about 3-4 cars a day, so if I'm saving say $200/wk on the cheap stuff, maybe it's not so bad to put on the 3yr stuff.

My dealers pay the same price as my customers, I have started cutting them a break the last few months because the have doubled there volume.

Maybe you just take the dealers on up to the same price level and if you keep them good -if not oh well. The cheaper line of film will only cost you in the end run. With all the dealer returns in a few years they will quit you anyway :beer

My dealers pay the same price as my customers, I have started cutting them a break the last few months because the have doubled there volume.

Maybe you just take the dealers on up to the same price level and if you keep them good -if not oh well. The cheaper line of film will only cost you in the end run. With all the dealer returns in a few years they will quit you anyway :beer

The biggest problem is that we took over most of the dealer work from another compnay that the owner would always try and undercut everyone around. So, they expected us to stay the same price, and since we were trying to keep their business, since we do glass and tint for a good portion of the dealers, we kept the same prices. To be honest, the other big company tinting for the dealerships is installing 3yr purple 3m stuff, and they do quite fine, hell, they do all the BMW's, Acuras, Hondas, Infiniti's, MB's and what not in the purple stuff, and I usually end up replacing it a few years later.

Hahahah, I got a purple heart, hahaha

My cut rate area shops use both Suntek and LULU Standard films, great for Altimas not for E46 BMW'S, I stock lot's of Tint off & Simple Pink and keep a grunt handy for the prep. If you must use standard films, [lease autos] stay hard with Solar Gard or 3m. This advise is coming from 25years of experience hamering the competion with show & go quaility work.

The biggest problem is that we took over most of the dealer work from another compnay that the owner would always try and undercut everyone around. So, they expected us to stay the same price, and since we were trying to keep their business, since we do glass and tint for a good portion of the dealers, we kept the same prices. To be honest, the other big company tinting for the dealerships is installing 3yr purple 3m stuff, and they do quite fine, hell, they do all the BMW's, Acuras, Hondas, Infiniti's, MB's and what not in the purple stuff, and I usually end up replacing it a few years later.

Hahahah, I got a purple heart, hahaha

Tell them your Not the Other Guy. I had acouple Dealers Pull that crap.Told them Hey. I dont Play that Game. Thats Why I'm Stilll Here after 20yrs

Archived