I need more customers..

Guest NokTint

Guest CajunTinter

what if she's fat, ugly, and smells like cat food?

:beer

That may be why he's charging a 100 bux, he's supporting a McDonald's biggie sized menu habit for the wife.... :beer

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a lot of areas deal with the lowballer frustrations for a season until the lowballer realizes it's not worth it and bails...

Of course you could offer a 100.00 tint job w/cheap film and upsell. It actually works pretty well. Especially if you have a decent looking shop where people will trust you once they meet you.

Actually that's what I do. That gives you the opportunity to go over the differences in lines of film, explain your warranty, etc. It's that little bit of time that price is out of the question and you are just talking about your shop, it's like sales, but the customer is naive and doesn't know it. If they still want the cheap s**t, sell them the cheap s**t and chuck a handful full of dirt in the backglass, if they say anything, say it's free with the cheapo tint jobs. Look ma' sparkles

Guest NokTint
a lot of areas deal with the lowballer frustrations for a season until the lowballer realizes it's not worth it and bails...

Of course you could offer a 100.00 tint job w/cheap film and upsell. It actually works pretty well. Especially if you have a decent looking shop where people will trust you once they meet you.

yeah man my shop is da shizzle. but his is probly too, I think his film is from india.. coz he is indian.. must pay f### all for his film.. but I heard that stuff is crap.. but do the customers know that ?? I do cheap jobs wif taiwan shET film but I still wouldnt do it for 100 bux.. 100 bux is labour, on a clean car... thats easy peezy... and thats when I need gas money

yeah man my shop is da shizzle. but his is probly too, I think his film is from india.. coz he is indian.. must pay f### all for his film.. but I heard that stuff is crap.. but do the customers know that ?? I do cheap jobs wif taiwan shET film but I still wouldnt do it for 100 bux.. 100 bux is labour, on a clean car... thats easy peezy... and thats when I need gas money

I MEANT I CAN USE CHEAP FILM IF THE CUSTOMER IS A CHEAP ARSE, I use JOHNSONS PGC for my daily..

chuck a handful full of dirt in the backglass, if they say anything, say it's free with the cheapo tint jobs. Look ma' sparkles

:beer :beer :beer

I am somewhat against the bait and switch. But sometimes it is a last resort. BUT, I always upsell. I just normally don't start at the bottom. I don't deal well with price-shoppers unless they are truly ignorant to the services they are shopping for. Then I take them to school and make them an informed shopper then sell them. :beer I would rather someone understand what they are paying for

I live in the desert, someone asks about tint the first thing I ask them

"Do you want black s**t on your windows, or do you want to cut down heat" right there, about 85% say they want to cool down the car.

Next I say

"You probably don't want to pay for the best stuff, but a metallized film will work good for you"

I wait, if they are like well, what is the best stuff (I tell them, about UP and tell them I have it on my car and show it to them, then drop the $$$ b*mb and see how they react)

So now they have $$$ floating around in the top of their head and I say

"Back to the metallized, I have it in 3 different colors, varying shades, great warranties, and 1/3 the price of the UP, but it still does an awesome job of blocking out some heat. Your AC will cool down faster, the car will stay cooler with the AC on lower, and much of the glare and heat you feel now willl be blocked, you go with the cheap stuff, you get little of that, just look like a gangsta."

I said it in another thread, the majority of my sales out of my shop are HP films. I carry and sell some NR to compete with Juan's Llantera, muffles y tint, but I rarely need the price match stuff.

The previous post contains a lot of good points.

The only problem I still see with the 99$ hack jobs is that with their big advertising they manage to pull in customers before you have a chance to properly educate them about tint. So the customer loses out and after the ensuing bad first experience with tint will treat all subsequent tinters with distrust....

you dont need more customers man, you need less that spend more!, less work for more money is always then more work for less money. sell em, book em in at $100 then when they drop the car off up sell the customer, get em in for a bargain then upsell!! we do it every day of the week and it works brilliantly.

you dont need more customers man, you need less that spend more!, less work for more money is always then more work for less money. sell em, book em in at $100 then when they drop the car off up sell the customer, get em in for a bargain then upsell!! we do it every day of the week and it works brilliantly.

Although this tactic CAN work ..it doesn't work for all types of customers..I'm one of those customers, it turns me off personally when I walk into a business and some salesman does this to me..I assure you he doesn't make the sale with me or my type of buyer.

I tend to be up front and honest from the beginning about the price I charge and rather than spending my time jacking the price up in front of the customer, I choose to spend the same time justifying the price by selling myself and or my uniqueness that I can bring to that particular vehicle.

Just another way to reach customer is all..but what works you , works for you and people are different everywhere :hump

Archived