I need more customers..

Guest NokTint

It's amazing how expensive tint jobs are in the U.S., then again that would be better for us since we would make more money. Here in Puerto Rico you can take it to a shop and they'll charge you anywhere from $50-$70 for a the whole car with warranty.

And $50-70 will probably buy you food for a month, not a day.

:bat Money is VERY relative to where your from and cost of living !

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tinterjim

I have a shop thats literally almost right next door to me ( about 1/4 mile) he charges $20 less than me. He's a great tinter, but uses a film a little less quality than mine, but to top it off I just had some asshat open a shop about 2 miles from me charging $110 for 4 door cars and $99 for 2 door cars. This dude sucks, 3 piece rears and using crap film. He has hurt my business and the business next to me a big wopping ZERO!!! He won't be around long so I'm not worried, and everything he messed up will come to me and my friend down the street.

Guest tinterjim
so what you are saying is I need another shop with a different name doing hack jobs and undercutting everyone. This way I get them the first time and get them for big bucks on the strip and redo's a couple years later.

Is this directed at me??????????

so what you are saying is I need another shop with a different name doing hack jobs and undercutting everyone. This way I get them the first time and get them for big bucks on the strip and redo's a couple years later.

Is this directed at me??????????

more theorizing than a reply, just think if you owned both the cut-throats shop and yours, if the other one can't get a customer, change names and start all over. All the while you have a good stable shop under your belt too. Heck, train your tinters at the hack shop so they know what they are doing at the good one.

We're not talking about all three shops by one owner. We have two shops owned here by one guy. Most people don't know they're both owned by the same guy (a thief and a liar) on top of him owning a MANUFACTURING PLANT for the car audio business. One's a hack, one's a decent shop. That's greed and dishonesty. We're talking about the hacks that own one shop to fly by night and do a trashy job. We're talking about the crackers that prey on the customers that don't know jack about something they want and the shop-owners not responible or honest enough to inform before selling. I believe you can build or destroy your competition. My first year here 5 shops shut down. In 4 years only 2 have opened and closed. Over time, especially in a smaller area, you build the market to what can be handled by supply and demand. Hacks damage this, it's the good guy that builds it back. It's called business. Some places have a near impossible balance. If you do a good job, it will come back to you. Service industries are built on word of mouth. No matter how you look at it, one bad customer will damage you more then 10 customers can build you. Deny it all you want, my 14 years experience with my own business aloing with thousands of others will prove it.

The hack shops around me are are great for business. Tho..... I never thought of creating my own compitition. :bat You might be on to something here.....

Hire 2 yung punks , teach them the minimum, and let em loose.

better yet, get a plotter , so you dont have to teach them how to cut film.

And be sure to use the cheapest film you can find :bat

The hack shops around me are are great for business. Tho..... I never thought of creating my own compitition. :bat You might be on to something here.....

Hire 2 yung punks , teach them the minimum, and let em loose.

better yet, get a plotter , so you dont have to teach them how to cut film.

And be sure to use the cheapest film you can find :bat

Tintslut is a brilliant man. He should own his own triplex of shops. hack, in-between, and flagship store :bat

Add up all the money made removing those buck tint jobs every month, multiply the buck to remove them times 30days and your talking real extra cash. that junk film does not even need remover solution. Not to mention all the new bissiness they create for the real pros who charge a buck an hour. Must be 200+ shops in nyc using paki /indy etc paper , even SUNGARD film dist broke out.

Archived