11 mil residential

Guest Tintin' Magician

Guest Key West
oh yeah, definitley a pain in the arse! I am going to talk to my rep about the 11 mil and see if the 8 would be a equal substitution. I have no desire to do this job in 11 mil and if it flys it would help me out tremondously. Then I'll just have to present the info to the homeowner and refund a lil' bit of money.

Mike, IMHO anything over 8 mill is overkill. I Can email you LLumar, SunGard and SolarGards INDEPENDENT lab tests (Yes,.....I got my hands on them :cool ) 8 mil window film is just fine for storm mitigation. :lol

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber

oh yeah, definitley a pain in the arse! I am going to talk to my rep about the 11 mil and see if the 8 would be a equal substitution. I have no desire to do this job in 11 mil and if it flys it would help me out tremondously. Then I'll just have to present the info to the homeowner and refund a lil' bit of money.

Mike, IMHO anything over 8 mill is overkill. I Can email you LLumar, SunGard and SolarGards INDEPENDENT lab tests (Yes,.....I got my hands on them :lol2 ) 8 mil window film is just fine for storm mitigation. :thumb

There's the key word, "INDEPENDENT" lab test. :lol2

Guest Tintin' Magician

Well, I went to the house today. I talked her down to 8mil so that took care of that problem HOWEVER, I have never seen such horse hockey in all my life. There's a lil' over 800 sq. ft. and it is ALL FRENCH PANE!!! :duck There is every bit of a thousand panes in this house and it's a true nightmare. There will be scaffolding involved (15' in the air doing french panes; (why don't you just do me like Kunta Kinte and chop off my foot right now!) all the glass is brand new Anderson dp glass, with old school wood dividers, these are just clean. And all of the panes are small too. Some of 'em are actually smaller than 4" x 4"!! :lol2 I was like "Honestly, who throws a shoe!" :lol However, this will definitley be outsourced to somebody in that area (it's over an hour away!) and hopefully I can get out of this mess.

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

wow man...over a 1000 panes I would definately charge the $hit out of them. I hate when customers say "oh just a few windows in my home" and you get there to their "few" actual windows but there are dividers. I have to explain how I am going to have to cut out each and every square so even though there 3 windows its more like 40 :duck

Guest Tintin' Magician

I have know idea. I don't see the purpose but she defintley wants the anchoring. The biatch part of it is, is that they're not even true frenchies, they're just dividers and I'm wondering why do it at all. There will be no real protection even if I sealed all of them with a 3/8" bead 'cuz the dividers will remain unprotected and will probably blow right in.

Well, I went to the house today. I talked her down to 8mil so that took care of that problem HOWEVER, I have never seen such horse hockey in all my life. There's a lil' over 800 sq. ft. and it is ALL FRENCH PANE!!! :lol There is every bit of a thousand panes in this house and it's a true nightmare. There will be scaffolding involved (15' in the air doing french panes; (why don't you just do me like Kunta Kinte and chop off my foot right now!) all the glass is brand new Anderson dp glass, with old school wood dividers, these are just clean. And all of the panes are small too. Some of 'em are actually smaller than 4" x 4"!! :duck I was like "Honestly, who throws a shoe!" :lol2 However, this will definitley be outsourced to somebody in that area (it's over an hour away!) and hopefully I can get out of this mess.

son of a biatch!!!!! :lol

Guest Tintin' Magician
can the dividers be removed, cover the solid glass, and seal only the outside

or are the true french individual glass panels :shoot1

Nope, they're only taped on and with the wood frames it would be even more of a biatch to paint the pieces after the installation plus some of those bad boys could break. And then yer up the creek w/o a paddle!

Archived