Shifting Roll Down Windows

Guest TintingRookie

Uh, yeah, this tip is so that doesn't happen :dunno

Maybe that's why there's this thread, the tip doesn't quite explain in detail what the markings are supposed to be for. I can see where it would work, but on the other hand it sort of insinuates that you just have to cut it to the marks, if you do that, there will be daylight at some point of the window rolling up and down.

Dude :lol2 read it again, this isn't about cutting, it's about having a mark on the outside so you can tell where the edge should be when it's rolled up, read the thing before you bust my balls. :please

I'm not going to argue with the owner of the website, bit the tip is a little bit common sense.

Actually reminds me of a story, my half-retarded uncle Charlie was at the shop one day waiting for the bus to come by and getting some water from the spigot outside (he likes to drink like a dog) Well, I was tinting this new xterra and I told him "check this out, the window moves all over" He sort of stared and drooled a little bit and said "s-s-s-say Sh-Sh-Sh-Sean, why don't you mark da window" I said, well, it's not necessary.

Guest TintingRookie

Thanks for all of the replies guys. I think I'm starting to figure this out...then again, without seeing it done it's kind of difficult.

By chance, does anyone have pictures of this process?

(Rookie patiently waits for the Tint Kings to answer :spit )

Guest Beeline

I started reading the post and then stopped. I mark the outside of the windows with a marker, cut the back and mark the front on the tint. roll down, cut top, take off window and cut the front past your mark. no gap ever. Install and then remove marks.....

Guest Braud Spectrum

You mark it on the outside while it's up before you cut the pattern. Cut as usual only be careful as you roll down that the film doesn't go over in the felt edge (it WILL) and kink when you roll the window down to cut the top as it does it's shifting business. Then when you're installing on the inside you will see those marks you made where the film will need to be positioned when it's rolled all the way up. It will have lots of daylight when you start because it's shifted but when you roll up to finish the daylight will be gone if you used those marks you made. I use a sharpie so it stays there if it gets wet, then a razor blade to remove when I'm finished.

if you take the window out you dont have to worry about shifting :lol2

thank you :thumb:lol2 if you are pulling panels, you are usually less then 2 minutes from a cleaner, near perfect, out of the car tint job. what better then never having wrinkles, creases, dust, edges, or water in corners you can't get to? But all the same, depends on price, car and customer.

but to stay on topic, China Marker works as well if you can't find a dry erase. comes off about as easy and doesn't dry on glass as bad

Archived