WHats easier?

Guest Dexterity

Guest Key West

I do both. they are 2 separate aspects of tinting. I know guys who can turnout a flawless car, but cant hang a piece of flat glass to save thier arses. There is DEFINATELY more money in flat, and fewer headaches as well. Not too many people eye f@ck your flat glass jobs the way car people do :dunno THEN.....(drum roll please)..... There is Safety and Security!

I got my son to where he can hang flat glass. He got real cocky on me one day, so I had him re-do our sliders at the house with 8 mil........7 tries later, I had to have him committed for a few days!!! :beer:beer

(Yeah, I'm a dick! :beer:dunno )

Guest Tintin' Magician
I do both and have since I started my business, but I learn very very quickly. My first flat glass was a "half moon" window that was close to 4 feet tall and 8 feet wide. This was up about 10 feet off the floor to the bottom. I used 2 extension ladders and had to deal with a very large and I am sure expensive chandelier that was hanging in the middle of the window at a distant back of less than 3 feet......

No doubt. Around here EVERY house has 1 to 2 arch. I have no clue why. I'm always getting stuck doing them.

The biggest so far was 37" x 81". Of course, on my final squeege I somehow managed to hit the film with the screws on my unger handle and rip a hole in it! So I had to redo it.

OMG, don't you just hate that shite right there! I cannot stand that. And the other thing I hate about flat glass is the fact of explaining it's all on the outside. And no, I don't clean the glass on the outside.

Guest Dexterity

thats guys. I contected a local shop and they do both, so maybe ill check into that instead of the flat glass place for $10p/h ill go in and interview the places. lol. I love that.

Guest nautiboi73
Learn both, TRY to master both. see what makes you more money in your area. It's all about where your market it. And as I've said before, you can control your market to a degree. See what you like. They both have ups and downs. Good luck

that is my advice :dunno

Archived