secret shoppin

I went for a ride on the motorcycle an hit up a nearby city thats larger than mine not sure on the size its at least 100k people. I could only find two tint shops and one had bubbled tint on the windows of the shop! They charged almost 40% more than I do and I am a higher priced shop in my neck of the woods. I asked for tint prices for a 98' stang and asked what they do about the matrix, one place said nuthin' the other said we dont tint it and if you want we can paint it. Interesting day, I also found a good chance for referral work from places that dont tint. I'm sure others do this and it was a good time.

Everyone pretty much knows who I am and that my family owns a rather large tint/glass shop, but I still would like to go to other businesses and talk to the owners/managers, you know, get some ideas and such. I'm always scared of getting run out though. I do have one shop that has offered for me to tint on commission in my off time, I think I may do it for a couple extra $$$

Everyone pretty much knows who I am and that my family owns a rather large tint/glass shop, but I still would like to go to other businesses and talk to the owners/managers, you know, get some ideas and such. I'm always scared of getting run out though. I do have one shop that has offered for me to tint on commission in my off time, I think I may do it for a couple extra $$$

Your the man :thumb

good idea. I may have to do that before I start So I'm not way out in left field..

You think my LULU REP will tell me the going rate for my area??

I have called around to figure out what the goin rate is while doing some research. I tried to space it out enough to not be recognized and not frequent enough to be a bother to the people trying to work. Hopefully I was able to get the information I needed without hurting or bugging someone else. If I did I am sorry but I had to do my research.

:thumb

I just want to see what type of work they are puttin out....I could care less about what they charge I am probably one of the highest priced shops where I am at..and get shopped by other shop all the time....so they can set there prices a few buck cheaper.....

I could care less what the other guy is doing! While youre riding around jerkin chains-I'm tintin 7-8 cars!What good does it do to know some jackazz down the street is tintin bugs for $95? :dunno Concentrate on your business!Sell yourself-sell your work-sell your warranty- You are the competition -not them!!!!This philosophy has worked for me for 20 years! :beer

Archived