heat shrinking

Guest crsalyn

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sprinter

if the heat gun isn't pushing out alot of air and only getting hot then thats just a waste of time and money.

the home depot black wagners did'nt last anytime most under 3-4 months you need to step up to a professional heat gun thats going to cost you tripple home depot plan on shopping around for the cheapest high end price you can you should be in the high 70's to 80's range.

I found a gun that works for me it's the Makita HG 1100

I set it on high and can adjust the heat to where I want it.

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal
:beer welcome to the boards....I use milwaukee heat gun on high, the vehicle I did this morning took about 15 minutes from film in the box to shrunk on the outside of the glass, including cutting it out. im sure even my own time will differ the next time I do the same car and differs from car to car. goodluck :rollin

5-30 minutes depending on the car.

Right now we use a wagner and the digital craftsman. I like the craftsman because it gets hotter than the wagner. I used to use a Makita and loved it but haven't been able to talk my friend into investing in one.

Guest steelehorseman

Newbe question. I have no experience heat shrinking and need some advice. When heat shrinking I assume you leave on the protective clear film, correct ????

I will have 5 CAT 420E backhoes to tint here in a couple weeks and the 4 side windows are all bowl shaped, curved top, bottom and both sides.

And suggestions would be appreciated.

Guest solarspot
Newbe question. I have no experience heat shrinking and need some advice. When heat shrinking I assume you leave on the protective clear film, correct ????

I will have 5 CAT 420E backhoes to tint here in a couple weeks and the 4 side windows are all bowl shaped, curved top, bottom and both sides.

And suggestions would be appreciated.

YES leave the liner on :beer

Archived