Cant open a file ?

Kemble

try this open it up in photoshop then export it in a ai file then try 2 open it up in VE LXi Master.

I am having an illustrator problem so I thought I would post here... I have an ai file that will not open properly in Flexi sign 7.6. I have tried as a pdf and eps with no luck either. The image looks very screwed up when it does open (as an ai file)--text is spread too far...drop shadows are too dark...colors are off...etc. Error messages come up as pdf (which is the right version for flexisign) and for the eps as well.

I can bring it in as a tiff...but the whole point was that I wanted vector-based imagery.

I am using Illustrator CS 11, which flexisign is compatible with??

PLease help if you can.

THanks

D.

try this open it up in photoshop then export it in a ai file then try 2 open it up in VE LXi Master.

Nope.. I tried this and still no luck. I open up in LXi and the screen flashes like its openeing something up but then nothing appears on the screen. I go to cut and it tells me theres no image to cut.

This is very frustrating because now after I've spent money on these sports logo's 1/2 of them wont open up in my cutter program. :lol6

import, not open. I think you have been instructed on this before :poke

Nah, I dug up this post to try it again. No help last time.... but gtotint helped me out last night. but yeah, Import was what did it. Wierd how that works like that.

That error is a PostScript error. It normallllly is caused by vector files saved in legacy formats e.g. Illustrator 10,9,8,3 etc. or from a diff vector software. Some fixes for this are to make sure that in Preferences (Illustrator CS & CS2) the box called Append [Converted] Upon opening legacy files; under the "General" drop down menu is checked off. Sometimes these older files have that in the filename or built in the file. In CS2, the place feature also seems to work when getting this error instead of using Import. Just make sure to embed the image after placing it.

Guest zlatan24
I'm getting this error when trying to open up an EPS file in Illustrator. The file will open up in photoshop. It will not open up in my Plotter program (VE LXi Master+).

You may use recoverytoolbox.com/illustrator.html how to recover a corrupt ai illustrator file, which can work out given trouble. Due to its wide facilities such as working under any Windows OS, using modern methods of recovering .ai files after various issues: power failures, viruses and other unexpected errors.

.eps are not exclusively vector format files and this MAY be the issue, same goes for .pdf files. If they open fine in photoshop (raster based aka jpeg type) but not Illy, then there is raster bitmap embedding in there somewhere. I export every single Flexisign Pro and Photoshop cs3 file to an .eps file for digital printing before I drop it into VersaWorks for the Roland. If you have a vector based sign program like Flexi, just import .eps into Flexi, then have at it. So far only file format I have not been able to directly drop into Flexi is a Corel file and a .gif (but who wants to use crappy gfs in sign making anyhows)

Always try to import first into a blank page/window

Archived