Getting My Car Tinted...

Guest drive4fun

Guest drive4fun

Ok, well I recently purchased a 06 altima SE-R and I want to get my windows tinted. I went to a local reputable shop around me and they offer solar gard HP Charcoal. I've searched it and found some decent reviews here on the forums. I just want to clear up some things before I go ahead and get them done.

1. How do I know if they are actually using the film they are telling me that they are using? I will request a warranty card from the manufacture.

2. They said they would do the rear window in one piece how do I make sure of that?

3. They said they would be using HP CHARCOAL, which is metallic. They stated that it would NOT interfere with my radio reception at all... I'm biased on this because I've read that it will affect it. Please help me out on this one.

4. They stated that they would not remove the door panels but remove the third brake light in the back.

5. I'm deciding on whether to get Hp charcoal 32% or 38% anyone have some pictures of their cars with this percentage? They stated that they have samples on windows so I'll take a look at that prior to purchase.

6. The gap on the top of the window should be very little if any right?

7. What do you guys do most of the time about payment? I want to pay after I see the results. I am liable to that but I am just curious on how many of you accept payments after the job is done.

Anything else except for the basic no bubbling, creasing, etc. Well once dried...

I'm looking to do my tints this WED. So please comment back ASAP...

Thanks guys,

Adam

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

adam

you need to find a shop thet you trust

everything else is secondary

how do you know ???

you don't

...... ask for references, and see some of their work

altimas are easy to get a high quality job

but nothing is perfect in this biz

Compare what they sell you to what they show you. should be pretty close.

I get paid afterwards, but keep in mind in many states your car is under a "mechanics lien" where once you request services. It is NOT the shop's intention to screw you out of money. As long as you are happy, they are as well.

I would go 32% if it will leave your car legal in your state. 38% if you're not sure. ATR35 is 38% and it is a tad light on light colored interiors.

I don't and won't use SG HP but have heard good about it. Enjoy

Depending on install tech, neither is better or worse, very little to no gap is preferred.

Back glass---if you can't see the line/gap standing near the car or sitting in the back seat facing forward, call it a one piece. :lol

Hope this helps. I'm sure others will put in their pennies, too. And what Z said. Make sure you trust them. If they've been around a while, chances are they are straight. :lol

Guest drive4fun

Thanks zolar, RICHat22, TINT for your inputs.

Zolar and Richat22

I do trust the place I just want to be certain. They have been in the business for 15 years so I'm assuming they are good and legit. I'm only 18 and I don't want them to think that I'm just a kid and I have no idea wtf im talking about. I make sure I'm on top of things. I work part time at north fork bank and also a full time student at st johns. Yeah, I assumed that my altima se-r would be an easy job for them to do. Yes, I am aware of the mechanic lien. Even though I would like to see some cars with 38% and/or 35% tints my decision will most likely be based on the samples I will see on wed.

Thanks guys for the info, more will be appriciated.

Adam

Guest MidcoastMW
It's not a second mortgage.

The tint jobs not, but the car is! lol. I dont blame him for being cautious, but like others said..just do a little backround check and go with it!

Guest ninjatinter
adam

you need to find a shop thet you trust

everything else is secondary

how do you know ???

you don't

...... ask for references, and see some of their work

altimas are easy to get a high quality job

but nothing is perfect in this biz

Yer aveetar!!! Bwahahahahahaaaaaa!!! :lol

These guys are correct. :lol

Archived