Start an upholstery shop in illinois

Guest R1chardpease

Guest R1chardpease

I'm starting an automotive upholstery shop in my home town. Im also thinking about tinting windows.. I have only tinted like 12 cars so I was wondering if you tinters / upholstery guys think this will work well together.

Guest R1chardpease

I'm actually in taylorville. I've been passing out flyers so far and thats about it is pretty hard starting out right now but im sure it will work I haven't ordered tint yet to start tinting windows just for the fact I want the upholstery going a little bit better b4 I add more to it.

Tint detect - How long have you been doing upholstery and where are you located?

I'm actually in taylorville. I've been passing out flyers so far and thats about it is pretty hard starting out right now but im sure it will work I haven't ordered tint yet to start tinting windows just for the fact I want the upholstery going a little bit better b4 I add more to it.

Tint detect - How long have you been doing upholstery and where are you located?

I'm in N.Carolina.

I've been installing leather and such for around 8- 10 yrs.

I bought a Consew 226 about 2 years ago, cause the yankee b!tch that owns a shop up the street pissed me off.

I still have some difficulty with sewing but with the help of another trimmer across town I have learned enough to be a pain in that b!tches a$$......S-A-Spank.gif

Guest R1chardpease

cool people around here don't like paying for leather its pretty prices from my distributors.... I'm jsut trying to start my own shop worked in upholstery for 3 years now.. any advice for a new shop owner?

I understand that, in addition to actually doing upholstery, window tinting, cleaning service, and custom signage are very good add-ons.

Tint detective, if you can, check out the new Servo motors. With them, you can slow the machine down to one stitch at the time, which is great if you're doing some fancy top stitching or just need to be careful. You can also go fast with them, very nice and very quiet.

R1chardpease, I see that nobody has replied. Check out www.carrscorner.com/yabbse as they are very helpful. You can get a free membership with limited access, or a paying membership (it's only $50) and have access to a lot more. I don't regret my $50.

I'm in N.Carolina.

I've been installing leather and such for around 8- 10 yrs.

I bought a Consew 226 about 2 years ago, cause the yankee b!tch that owns a shop up the street pissed me off.

I still have some difficulty with sewing but with the help of another trimmer across town I have learned enough to be a pain in that b!tches a$$.....

Tint Detective, How experience did you start out with?

Archived