anyone tinted this back window

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the best way to do those is to see if you can get a glass guy to take the back glass out...it is possible to do in...you just have to trim the rubber around the window on the inside..and cut the pattern a little big on the top and bottom...the sides will grow on the inside...if is is clean rubber(new) you shouldnt have a problem

good luck....I would do it if it was pulled out.....I just did a 63 split window vette r&r it they came out sweet...even on a car that sweet debris will sweep out of the rubber and leave specks....is the glass in good shape or scratched.....that a pic when you are done ..love to see it before and after if you have the time...

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

I never thought about taking it out...how long would that take, and how much? I'd just tint it, but trimming the seals will be a must if its not new glass with new seals

I never thought about taking it out...how long would that take, and how much? I'd just tint it, but trimming the seals will be a must if its not new glass with new seals

I tint out of a glass shop and have a guy who is very good with old rides the chrome trim style....he usually charges 50 a peice....remove and replace....probably cost you 75 to 100 to pull it...then wait well your in texas maybe an hour and put it back in.....if you can remove it ....it will be way easier to shrink....if not cut it short of the outside rubber gasket and after youare done shrinking you could even with the liner still on test fit and trim on the inside ...pull it off and clean and install.....time consuming but it would also make for a nice install......and isnt that what its all about

if it is a chrome strip over a rubber gasket they come out easy remove the trim wiht the proper tool and just push it out.....takes some pushin but it will go....old gasket harder pushin

Archived