Clear tint on windshield?

Guest shaidtan

Guest shaidtan

I apologize if this has been asked previously. I did a quick scan and didn't see this topic.

I'm considering having clear tint installed on my windshield. I'm not looking to darken the windshield at all (reduction in visibility is an issue I'm considering); more so I'm interested in reducing UV radiation.

Does anyone have any recommendations on this? Is there any noticeable skewing with this type of film on a windshield? Also are there any legal restrictions that would prohibit it (I'm in Nevada)?

Any input would be appreciated.

-Shaidtan

Guest shaidtan

I've seen 50% on windshields before. But honestly I'm not looking for any color in it. I'm just looking to find out if there are any caveats associated with clear (as close to 100% as possible; basically no light reduction whatsoever) tint on a windshield. The reason is really to help protect the interior of the car.

-Shaidtan

more so I'm interested in reducing UV radiation.

Does anyone have any recommendations on this?

uv is blocked in the front glass because its laminated.

the only stuff I know of is the clear security film. or if you want an exterrior application try clearplex.

but check with your local laws, some dont care if its fully clear any adheisive below the as1 line is a no no.

Guest shaidtan

Thanks for the reply. I'll have a look at the laws more closely. I know that the law states no tint below the AS1 line.

So am I reading this correctly in that clear tint renders really no UV protection? I thought it offered the same or better than colored tint but offered little to no heat reduction.

-Shaidtan

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal
:hmmm really the only reason (if there is one) to tint the windshield is for darkness, I had planned to tint my windshield and took the thermal meter and UV meters to the glass and it was way down...no need to tint it. the closest to clear your going to get if you still want to tint it is a 70% and im not sure of a manufacturer that makes a shrinkable 70% good luck :hmmm

tiger is right....the laminate in windshields blocks the UV so you don't need to do anything. depending on the laminate in the windshield it can block up to 95% of UV rays.

even clear films will block 99% of UV rays

blade whats the new clear stuff from solagard? is it supreem or something?? its suposed to be clear but blocks like 50% of the heat

Archived