tinting side windows on a 1980 f 150

Guest smallblock351w

Guest smallblock351w

Was wondering what is best to do here. Im taking the doors apart to install new speakers. Should I remove the glass to tint all the way to the edge of the glass? Or should I just tint with the glass in. Basicaly not sure if its good or bad to have the tint go into the window gasket, was afraid if it went into the window gasket it would mess the tint up, any suggestions or help please?

Was wondering what is best to do here. Im taking the doors apart to install new speakers. Should I remove the glass to tint all the way to the edge of the glass? Or should I just tint with the glass in. Basicaly not sure if its good or bad to have the tint go into the window gasket, was afraid if it went into the window gasket it would mess the tint up, any suggestions or help please?

If you want to pull it, it's very easy, and makes it a lot easier to tint. Basically, pull the weatherstrip out, it goes deep in the door, but if you pull straight up, it will slide out. lower the window all the way down, and move it towards you out of the channel, then roll it all the way up as far as it will go, the roller will come out of the door and you can slide the glass off of it. Re-install after it's tinted in reverse steps. Then spray some lubricant, like silicone spray on the weatherstrip and slide it back onto the sides with the glass in.

Archived