New Shop

Guest Glass Man

Guest Glass Man

We are a full line auto glass replacement shop and we are looking at adding window tining to our services. I need to try and find some info on writing a business plan for the hire up and such. In general how do you figure on how many cars in your city will need window tinting done? I need to identify how many cars, trucks and such are out there each year so we can try to figure on market share and how much market share we can get each year. We are looking at training one of my installers to be a tiniter. I know it problay isn't the best idea but got to start somewhere. Any help would be great.

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

where you at? I would suggest hiring a professional tinter...that way your word of mouth starts out good with good tint jobs. having your "trainee" tinter working on peoples rides wont get much repeat or WOM business

Will this be the only shop in your town? are there other shops? have you called other shops and got prices to compair? Tint prices in some towns are so whored out adn low its honestly not even worth getting into.

I was going to suggest contracting out a pro, maybe one better a pro that doesn't mind someone looking over his shoulder for a little more each car. Either contract him out, or hire one on. He can probably get you some good suggestions on film, tools, supplies, etc.

Retail glass repair shop & tinting is a winning combination. The key is to get the top mechanic to heat shrink a 06 vet rear & R/R a Caravan windshield. The rest of the talent will follow his lead. A master glass mechanic can pick up tint skills faster than a car wash pro. You will need to offer him more money as incentive, and have him watch the tint professor video a few times for motivation. Need more tips, Ask the Expert- LORENZOTINT.COM

Retail glass repair shop & tinting is a winning combination. The key is to get the top mechanic to heat shrink a 06 vet rear & R/R a Caravan windshield. The rest of the talent will follow his lead. A master glass mechanic can pick up tint skills faster than a car wash pro. You will need to offer him more money as incentive, and have him watch the tint professor video a few times for motivation. Need more tips, Ask the Expert- LORENZOTINT.COM

Doesn't hurt if he's truly interested in tinting too.

Archived