llumar precision cut

Guest RCOOTE

llumar precision cut, what do you think of it for window film? I want to get into the PPF soon but am going to start with window film. Is it good, worth it or waste of time??????

Thanx

I have been using the precision cut actually since a few months before they launched their program. They jumped into it running and have not looked back !! There have been a few pattern issues and some issues may still arise but I ASSURE you they are VERY FAST to correct the situation. They value our/my input alot. When you purchase their package for the year, it comes with ppf and graphics.

now if you only do a few cars a week then I would say that is alot of jack to lay out. I do about 3 to 4 cars a day. Alot of guys on here will nock the computer cut gig. I tint for a living, not an ego. Do not get me wrong I can and still do some cars handcut that they may not have the patterns for (mostly old stuff) . I think that you must learn to hand cut first then move to the plotter as you get busier. But the less time I spend working the the less of a chance a deer has a chance of living another day this time of year!!!!

Its an employee thats never late, never bitches or complains about the drama with his chic. never throws an attitude. I could not live without mine thats for sure. I applaud all the old schoolers for sticking to there guns for doing it old school way but I think this is the future. I have been able to raise my prices since switching and have some customers that drive up to 2 hrs to get "computer cut film technology" It is a wonderful selling point and people want it.

this has all been my opinion, and I am sure I will be ripped a new one for my opinion on some stuff, but I have been using it and love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU ! Funny thing is most people that blast computercut programs either dont have one or have one and dont know how to use it-or cant afford one to begin with! I wouldnt trade mine for any tinter out there! PERIOD!

now your hurting my feelings Jethro :bingo

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As some may know, I'm not one to make very long posts..but here it goes :blah

I have been able to raise my prices since switching and have some customers that drive up to 2 hrs to get "computer cut film technology" It is a wonderful selling point and people want it.

I'm not knocking the computer systems when I say this: compare the difference between the quote above and my quote below-

I've been able to raise my prices and have customers drive from a great distance because I do something called "experienced handcraft tinting" It is a wonderful selling point and people STILL want it :lol

My point is to all the hand cutters, don't be afraid to stick to what you know and what you like and are familiar with. If your business has expanded to the point where options are needed, computer cut is DEFINATLY a good option to look into..but don't feel pushed into it. My option was to charge 20% more ,therefore having to do 20% less without taking 20% less money and there are customers out there that like the idea of me being the only one working on their vehicle taking all the time in the world I need on it...after all , it's not an oil change..it's a 1 shot deal.

It's all in the selling over the phone. I live in the same small town as the inventor of the Tint Tek system ( a shout out to Andy and wish him all the best..he's a decent guy :blah )..if the system should have buried anyone..it would have been me, but I'm here standing strong.

There's different kinds of customers for different ways of running a tint business. :bingo

I havent tried any computer cutting. Being new to this I want to get next to perfect with myself doing the cutting before trying to rely on anything else doing it for me. I am not against the idea of computer cut, but the business would have to be so good to justify the cost of it. I do think the people around here like the idea of competer cut cuz most places seem to add that in to their sales pitch on why their shop is better. 6 there half dozen over here...............

Reality of the matter is this if you strip away the cost issues, convenience ,speed :

Computer cut is better than an inexperienced human tinter

a well experienced tinter is better than any machine IMO...after all..the patterns are designed from an experienced cutter then duplicated for the rest of it's users..it's like having an experienced human cutter for the shop that can't cut professionally or is such a large operation that the cutter would be burned out.

Consumers have too look BEYOND the computer cutting machine and focus more on the service and experience of the shop .

We've seen computer tint jobs that look like :beer as well as hand cut. Cutting is just a peice of the "skill pie" in the whole scope of the finished product , ANY honest experienced tinter will tell you that.

My point is to all the hand cutters, don't be afraid to stick to what you know and what you like and are familiar with. If your business has expanded to the point where options are needed, computer cut is DEFINATLY a good option to look into..but don't feel pushed into it. My option was to charge 20% more ,therefore having to do 20% less without taking 20% money and there are customers out there that like the idea of me being the only one working on their vehicle taking all the time in the world I need on it...after all , it's not an oil change..it's a 1 shot deal.

well put TW

I have it but wish I would have went with TintTek. Precision cut does not have full patterns for all the cars in their inventory, TintTek does. TinTek you can not adjust the patterns but precision cut you can. :lol6

I don't know much about Precision, but the inventors of TintTek live 5 minute drive down the road from me..they're good professional peeps :bat

llumar precision cut, what do you think of it for window film? I want to get into the PPF soon but am going to start with window film. Is it good, worth it or waste of time??????

Thanx

IIts an employee thats never late, never bitches or complains about the drama with his chic. never throws an attitude. I could not live without mine thats for sure. I applaud all the old schoolers for sticking to there guns for doing it old school way but I think this is the future. I have been able to raise my prices since switching and have some customers that drive up to 2 hrs to get "computer cut film technology" It is a wonderful selling point and people want it.

this has all been my opinion, and I am sure I will be ripped a new one for my opinion on some stuff, but I have been using it and love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen to that . It also does steal your tint. At least I havent caught it yet! :lol6

Guest CajunTinter
Reality of the matter is this if you strip away the cost issues, convenience ,speed :

Computer cut is better than an inexperienced human tinter

a well experienced tinter is better than any machine IMO...after all..the patterns are designed from an experienced cutter then duplicated for the rest of it's users..it's like having an experienced human cutter for the shop that can't cut professionally or is such a large operation that the cutter would be burned out.

Consumers have too look BEYOND the computer cutting machine and focus more on the service and experience of the shop .

We've seen computer tint jobs that look like :lol6 as well as hand cut. Cutting is just a peice of the "skill pie" in the whole scope of the finished product , ANY honest experienced tinter will tell you that.

:lol:nope I couldn't agree more!!!! :lol:nope

Archived