Windshield Strips

Guest a1wintinter

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1st question would be "how many windshields do you find that is anywhere near straight across the top?"

I personally cut all strips to match the contour of the windshield and think that a reverse smile that you get with the factory staight edge looks cheap and lacks any professional flare. I have only had 3 customers in 8 years that insisted on the straight edge instead of the curved once I explained why I prefer the curve.....

whatever works.

:krazy

:lol2

but I do have a 20" roll of 05% cut in 2 so ihave 2-10" rolls just for visors.

fingers? heat? use Film on :krazy

Phuck that I use the free left over film from the G.D. truck back glasses to do all my visors no cost and I save the frickin liner too as a patern for all the next ones :?:lol2:?:?

Guest CJ Shades
I personally cut all strips to match the contour of the windshield and think that a reverse smile that you get with the factory staight edge looks cheap and lacks any professional flare. I have only had 3 customers in 8 years that insisted on the straight edge instead of the curved once I explained why I prefer the curve.....

No "Ghetto arch" for me either. That looks so flee market and the tinter of that car instantly gets put in the "hack" category. I save all my left over film from the back glass for strips.

And as far as this tip is concerned....Those strips must look like booty when you're done. I would have headliner felt and rear view mirror mount dirt all over the place. Especially if it was a Ford, Lincoln, or Mercury.

Guest hard card

depending on the size of the back window take the top or bottom edge of the tint and ues the factory edge to go across the winshield inexpensive and easy

Archived