Busted glass

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

very wierd that happened...I dont know why people are always concerned about there defrosters, I cant remember ever using it in any vehicle I have ever been in

Mr. P is right about the arcing, but I personally have never seen one do this. I solder the defrost tabs back on glass regularly on GM vehicles including these and I have never seen one break. I have a Sebring conv. to do tomm. on a conv. Looks like the tinter (hack, not me) broke it off judging by the slice in the solder, not the glass, where it was trimmed on the inside. But all the same, I didn't see it, so I'm calling it a bad solder on thinner then normal glass and repairing it and charging the customer. :bingo

Bad coincidence, let him or his insurance pay for it. NOT your fault

Guest nicetint

When you tinted the backglass did the defroster tab come off?? I worked with a guy that constantly unplugged them, rarely they would come off. He would either re-solder or 2-part conductive epoxy the tab back on.

There was one case where the backglass shattered, because the glass got too hot caused by a resistance difference?? not too sure.

Guest Key West
very wierd that happened...I dont know why people are always concerned about there defrosters, I cant remember ever using it in any vehicle I have ever been in

I actually had a guy who was convinced that it dried the dew off the window during his morning drive to work!!! :beer I convinced him to try driving to work without it once. :thumb

Archived