Will unfixed contamination get worse over time?

Guest AMartin56

Guest AMartin56

I had a Mazda 3 Sedan tinted. After roughly 6 weeks of hot Texas weather there is an area about the size of my hand on the back window. Best described as 'silver specks' I assume it's dust contamination.

Honestly its a real pain in the butt to give up my car for an entire day and since I rarely notice it (Being on the back window I can barely see it when driving) I'm thinking of just blowing it off despite the size of the bad patch. I guess I'm worried that removal and reinstallation will only make it worse. :(

If I don't get it fixed is it likely to shorten the life of the tint or get worse over time? The installer was willing to do it over when I spoke to him over the phone so no worries there...Just not sure if it will be worth it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

If you don't, the dirt will breed and more will grow. Eventually, the whole state may be consumed!

All depends on how picky you are. If it bugs you, take it in. If it doesn't, let it slide. But with that amount you do have a good reason to get it redone.

However, if it doesn't bother you or you don't care about the hassle, it won't get worse, it won't shorten the life of the film.

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

there are sooooo many "info sheets" about getting your windows tinted on this site, stating most importantly that contamination is unavoidable in most situations do to the nature of our craft. It will not affect visual clarity, adhesion, or the life/quality of the film. its been 6 weeks you may be able to press it with a hard card to minimize the appearance of the dots by flattening the white round area around the actual speck. if you dont notice it much and are only concerned about long term effects I would just leave it. way more work stripping and retinting than it was having it tinted the first time

Guest tintman AZ
there are sooooo many "info sheets" about getting your windows tinted on this site, stating most importantly that contamination is unavoidable in most situations do to the nature of our craft. It will not affect visual clarity, adhesion, or the life/quality of the film. its been 6 weeks you may be able to press it with a hard card to minimize the appearance of the dots by flattening the white round area around the actual speck. if you dont notice it much and are only concerned about long term effects I would just leave it. way more work stripping and retinting than it was having it tinted the first time

Not really WAY more work. Usually when its freshly tinted you can "bag it off" taking the adhesive and contamination with it. Then eyeballing it first to make sure it all came off, put the new piece on w/o having to reclean it.

Archived