Thermopane fixer -anyone with any comments or experience with this pro

Guest haroldshouseoftint

looks kind of interesting, have alot of dual panes out here in az fail, but because it is so hot and not a ton of humidity, unless you know how to check or like they said how over time it etches the glass you don't really see it.

I was thinking about doing it to my house. Lots of seal failure (BEFORE they were tinted).

Of course, now that they're tinted:

#1 I don't want to retint it after they drill a hole into it.

#2 The moisture is now dry and it's just a stain.

Yeah, I can't believe how many double pane window are in Fla. It's crazy!! I will never buy 'em here.

Yeah..makes no sense in Fl.

Everyone owns then in Canada ..a potentially large business :duck

Guest Key West
Has anyone ever seen the results from this? Considering the cost to replace large thermopanes if it actually worked, even if the price wasn't cheap, it could make a lot of sense.

Yeah, I met a guy at the last home show who seems to do quite well with it. The results that I saw were impressive enough that I am now reccommending them. It's NOT a majic bullet, but in most cases, they can improve the problem dramatically. It's a great option to glass replacement in most cases. If your custys want perfection, then they should buy new glass, but if they just want a drastic improvement, it's the shiznit.

Guest RCOOTE

I had it done. It does work, BUT, you loose the R value of the IGU. THE HOLE is on the OUTER PANE so it wont have a hole in your tint Dan.

I had it done. It does work, BUT, you loose the R value of the IGU. THE HOLE is on the OUTER PANE so it wont have a hole in your tint Dan.

in this link it said it was on the inside pane - also I dont see y youd have to retint anywho the drill will go through tint and the plug will cover

Archived