WORKING FROM YOUR HOME

Guest RCOOTE

HOME SHOP  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What best describes you and does it work ot well for you or are you looking at changing things up?

• I HAVE A DAY JOB but tint at home after the day job?
    • I TINT AT WORK but do tint at home on the side?
    • I STRICTLY TINT AT WORK ONLY and don't want to look at film once I leave
    • I OWN MY OWN TINT SHOP NOT AT HOME
    • I OWN MY OWN TINT SHOP AT MY HOME
    • I'm strictly mobile
    • I WORK FROM HOME, but apparently I suck as a business person so I'm looking for a job.
    • I ONLY DO FLAT GLASS, so a small home shop is great for storing my supplies
    • I don't know how to tint but own my own business and hire tinters

I have a day job, if you want to call it that.... I dabble in everything, selling cars, TV shows, wrote a book, detailing, engineering, restoring and flipping homes, now tint,,,,,

I plan to work from home and build my clientel, then train for PPF and PDR then flat glass, build that some, then open a shop if all works out and hire a tinter for auto and hire someone for detailing and PDR and focus on flat glass.

Things may change as they might run differently then I imagine but thats my plans

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest .tony. .riot.

I've been tinting at home for friends and people who call me for two years now. I just turned 18, and a shop about 2 minutes from my house where I buy tint from just told me they would call me in a week or two because their guy has been slacking a lot lately and they're looking for someone new. Hopefully I can land that job.

I'm about to start working as an engineer assistant in a week or two whenever I get some papers I need, so if that comes through I'll probably do that during the week and then tint at home during the weekends.

take it slow and just learn one thing at a time, perfect it then move on.

if you start trying to take on too much your never gonna get good at any one thing, especially when the learning curve is thrown in on window tint and also PDR. those are two things that will require so much time to get good at that you easily could end up giving up on one or both

Oh for sure.. Thanks tigerstripe.

I understand that completely. I'm very familiar with body work, restored a few cars for myself and my father does it for a living. He restores Rolls Royce and pretty much anything old and / or hand made.

I will def. wait until I'm 100% confident in any car that comes in before I start practacing something else. I understand that PPF is along the lines of window film so I could prolly take the two on at once.. I'll prolly take a course on PPF in about 6 months... :shoot1

BUT PDR will be another year or more before I even think about that. I'll prolly take on FLAT GLASS before PDR.

Thanks

Guest autotinter
I tint at work ONLY. don't ask for deals and don't ask for me to do it "on the side".

I stay busy enough during the day I want to relax after work. not go work some more

:shoot1 :fdup

Archived