WORKING FROM YOUR HOME

Guest RCOOTE

HOME SHOP  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What best describes you and does it work ot well for you or are you looking at changing things up?

• I HAVE A DAY JOB but tint at home after the day job?
    • I TINT AT WORK but do tint at home on the side?
    • I STRICTLY TINT AT WORK ONLY and don't want to look at film once I leave
    • I OWN MY OWN TINT SHOP NOT AT HOME
    • I OWN MY OWN TINT SHOP AT MY HOME
    • I'm strictly mobile
    • I WORK FROM HOME, but apparently I suck as a business person so I'm looking for a job.
    • I ONLY DO FLAT GLASS, so a small home shop is great for storing my supplies
    • I don't know how to tint but own my own business and hire tinters

fascinating. there are a bunch of tinter wanna-bes on this site.

I own my shop. my husband and I, actually. in business three years. started from scratch. gets better every year. three years ago he was the tinter and I had a day job. As of this summer I'm tinting full time.

honestly, I would start auto before flat glass.

when you're in somebody's house and they looking over your shoulder the whole time asking you questions, you've got to be really quick with the intelligent answers and really look like you know what you're doing. at least with the car they can drop it off and you can throw your tantrum in peace.

plus there's a lot you have to know about heat absorbtion & thermal shock, what you can and can't install to what kind of glass... and also carry huge liability insurance. with a car it's mostly about what it looks like...

I subcontract for a flat glass guy. People ask me questions all the time and I defer to him.

Thanx for reply,

good info here... :mad:mad:bat

TINT sl*t HAS A CRAZY AVTAR :lol6:mad:dunno:mad

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived