2006 Honda Civic

Guest yush

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

Why carry one brand you ask? I ask why carry mor ethan one brand? How many different shading options do people need? like darkdan said the poor girl spent 20 min im sure trying to choose between a 15% of one brand or a 13% of another...both of which are going to look the same on the car. We are a MMM only shop and no customers have ever cared or wanted more options. I have 5/20/35/50/70 -- really all you need

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest haroldshouseoftint
Why carry one brand you ask? I ask why carry mor ethan one brand? How many different shading options do people need? like darkdan said the poor girl spent 20 min im sure trying to choose between a 15% of one brand or a 13% of another...both of which are going to look the same on the car. We are a MMM only shop and no customers have ever cared or wanted more options. I have 5/20/35/50/70 -- really all you need

:krazy

I only carry Madico and have no issues with people wanting other films

2 many choices = 2 many headaches IMO

:drool

Today the consumer has too much infomation to work with while reserching window tinting. They have made a selection on the brand of film they want , then find the shop that has a best reputation installing that particular brand. In my market auto forum members follow other fellow members in product selection. When a potiential customer inquires about a brand of film they want , I will not spend time talking them out of their pick, instead encourage them to visit the showroom and see for themselves. Picture an electronics retailer with one brand of TV'S. The internet has made the tint consumer sharper than ever before. :lol2

Today the consumer has too much infomation to work with while reserching window tinting. They have made a selection on the brand of film they want , then find the shop that has a best reputation installing that particular brand. In my market auto forum members follow other fellow members in product selection. When a potiential customer inquires about a brand of film they want , I will not spend time talking them out of their pick, instead encourage them to visit the showroom and see for themselves. Picture an electronics retailer with one brand of TV'S. The internet has made the tint consumer sharper than ever before. :spit

The internet has made the consumer over educated, and dangerous to themselves. This guy is a good example of what I mean. He had an appt with a shop, and the rescheduled due to what he read online. Now he will end up with what he would have chose in the first place. Or a film that does not suit him. For example now he is going to look for a 3x color satble film. as to not interfere with radio reception. That is all well and good, but nobody informed him. That it will only affect am not fm reception. So If he does not use am radiolike most people dont. He is going to have a film with less heat rejction. Then if he went with metalised film.

Guest MidcoastMW
Today the consumer has too much infomation to work with while reserching window tinting. They have made a selection on the brand of film they want , then find the shop that has a best reputation installing that particular brand. In my market auto forum members follow other fellow members in product selection. When a potiential customer inquires about a brand of film they want , I will not spend time talking them out of their pick, instead encourage them to visit the showroom and see for themselves. Picture an electronics retailer with one brand of TV'S. The internet has made the tint consumer sharper than ever before. :beer

:eyebrows

Hit the nail on the head there.

But it is a double edged sword, because like what Dan is saying......some customers are going to get overwhelmed with too many options.

Archived