removing ppf

Guest losdawg

I have a customer who has a 2006 cls500 and the ppf on the side is tuning yellow. its on a white show car. I have never worked with ppf and was wondering how hard would it be to remove. Any pointers would be great. Thanks

once you get ahold of the film. pull and stretch the film off the paint and back towards you at the same time. dont' pull it up off the paint more than maybe like 10 inches from the body panel. do it slowly and you might get lucky enough that the adhesive comes off too. :mad

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

I just removed some off an 07 vette I have to redo...came off pretty easy just pulling but got in a hurry and was pulling with one hand and heating with the other and it worked really well :beer

Never give a set price on removal if you have no idea what film was used, or price way high. I had a MBZ CL 500 removal, everything came off clean except the rocker panels, all the glue stayed behind on those, what a pain! took forever and tried everything, felt like karate kid afterwards.

hei

heating before removing is fine.....after u'll find glue still sticked on the surface........wet a cotten cloth in a degreseer and apply on the glue in order to sok the glue..then leave it for @least 15minuts then rur it with cotten..........make shure apply wax on the worked area.

Archived