Driving, ....right or privelege?

Guest Key West

Guest Key West

http://autarchic.tripod.com/files/travel.html

Dude has done his research!! I did mine on westlaw and came up with the same. Our Gov't has gotten TOO big for its breetches, But I don't believe that the protections written into our constitution for us to uprise would hold. (even if we could get enough people on the same page) We as a proplr have become WAY too complacent!! :spit When NASCAR, or some "reality" RV show becomes more important than the enactment of the "Patriot act"......Thats just plain sux...... :poke:thumb:spit WAKE UP!!! VOTE!!

Sorry for the rant, and the bandwidth, TD, this just needeed to be said, IMHO/ :spit

Dude, I wish more people were outraged about this!

The RIGHT to travel by the conveyance of the day is a constitutionally guaranteed RIGHT, not a privilege revocable by the state!

People speak of "freedom" and have no idea that I means freedom from tyrannical government!

Who owns the road? The government? Hell no!

The "government" (and yes I use that word with sarcasm) doesn't own a damn thing and has no right to do the things they do.

In 1933 they declared an "emergency" and granted themselves unconstitutional powers. Every year they renew the "emergency status", if they didn't they would have no power to legislate the things they do.

Under this emergency power, they take bribes from a foreign government, levy unconstitutional taxes and wage unjust wars just to name a few crimes.

I believe as taxpayers(most of us) we DO have the right to travel the roads. but does that also mean we have the right to be the one driving the vehicle? my two cents: travel is a right, driving is a priviledge because of the responsibility involved. didn't have time to read the mountain of cases. what do you guys think?

travel is a right, driving is a priviledge

:spit

100 years ago when they made these laws they did not have 10 lanes each way of SUV's with a driver on a cell phone and illegal tint, honking his horn telling people to get out of HIS way.

Guest Key West
I believe as taxpayers(most of us) we DO have the right to travel the roads. but does that also mean we have the right to be the one driving the vehicle? my two cents: travel is a right, driving is a priviledge because of the responsibility involved. didn't have time to read the mountain of cases. what do you guys think?

Human rights extend only so far as they do not infringe upon the rights of others...IE I do NOT have the right to drink and drive, thereby infringing on your right to be safe on the roads. Statute and case law has upheld the states right to curtail certain rights of citizens when in the exercize of thier rights, they infringe on the rights of others. Law abiding citizens however, enjoy (or should) un fetterred freedom, so long as the exercize of thier rights do not in fringe on others. The Constitution (or shell that remains of it) guarantees that! :spit:spit:thumb

Archived