Blackout on windows - chance of breaking??

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber

I've done a bunch of that stuff on big IG units, up to 60x72 west facing annealed. So far no breakage. Tempered glass should be fine even if it is IG. North facing stuff should be fine too. I always get a waiver signed because there are no guarantees that it won't break.

what part of the county are you from VCLIMBER?

Western part at 4-8kft with big nasty temp swings.

The real test (depending how far north you are ) is on a cold Feburary day with the sun pounding on them..if it makes through that..they should be fine .

For the record..I would NEVER had put the black film on them windows..or zero warranty if they still wanted to go ahead.

Zero warranty is the standard warranty. :lol

I've done a bunch of that stuff on big IG units, up to 60x72 west facing annealed. So far no breakage. Tempered glass should be fine even if it is IG. North facing stuff should be fine too. I always get a waiver signed because there are no guarantees that it won't break.

The real test (depending how far north you are ) is on a cold Feburary day with the sun pounding on them..if it makes through that..they should be fine .

For the record..I would NEVER had put the black film on them windows..or zero warranty if they still wanted to go ahead.

what city...whats the big secret? :lol

When we gave the bid, we did explain to the guy that the glass would probably break and we would not be held responsible, to which he said ok... and I had a form all ready to go had we gotten the bid for him to sign.

Hahahah. I'm going to :lol:lol:lol if I hear they all broke. That would just be too funny.....

Reminds me of a long time ago strip club wanted me to tint their windows (thermopane) for privacy , I said for 2 reasons :

1. no warranty for breakage and reason# 2....

I didn't get to reason# 2 because the guy flips out on me saying he's got a guy that'll give him a warranty for tinting the windows 5% so I said whatever and never bothered telling him what reason #2 was...

ANYWAYS a few days later the other tinter does the job and when night time came around..the other reason was quite apparent..the property of tint reverses at night! The whole city driving by could see nakked women :lol

But this story isn't finished..the tinter (to avoid not getting paid) being a dumb fuk fly by nighter gets desperate and comes up with the bright idea of painting the windows black on the inside over the tint :lol

The tinter gets paid (he wasn't local) the customer is happy (till November hit) and EVERY window broke :lol

Guest vclimber

what city...whats the big secret? :lol

No secret, you asked "what part of the country am I from", not what city. So I told you, I run operations in 2 states (CA & NV). Sorry man, for a guy who was on your "ignore list", you sure want to know a lot about me. :lol

I saw somwhere before him saying he was in Colorado I think :bat

:nope You can see my IP, it says what city I am in today.

Archived