REMOVING CDA/CDF ADHESIVES

Guest samo2000

Guest samo2000
Try dry scraping first, if it's not successful, then try pulling the film and soaking. Are you planning on re-applying film after you strip it?

yes- totally demetalized and this adhesive is really integrated into the glass and I need to pull it out. I've heard about using baking soda , however I have no experience. also does temperature affect this as it does with ps. any help? :lol

Guest vclimber

If you are plenning on replacing the old film with a PS film use Cerium Oxide and a polishing brush mounted on a cordless drill. That will remove the remnants of the dry adhesive so you can install the new film.

Guest samo2000
If you are plenning on replacing the old film with a PS film use Cerium Oxide and a polishing brush mounted on a cordless drill. That will remove the remnants of the dry adhesive so you can install the new film.

WOOF , ARE YOU SERIOUS- CERIUM OXIDE,POLISHING BRUSH- LOOK'S INTENSE-ANY RECOMENDED #'S PSQFT FOR REMOVING-MABEY CHEAPER TO GET NEW GLASS. I LIKE THE BRICK IDEA THE MOST. :lol6

Guest vclimber

WOOF , ARE YOU SERIOUS- CERIUM OXIDE,POLISHING BRUSH- LOOK'S INTENSE-ANY RECOMENDED #'S PSQFT FOR REMOVING-MABEY CHEAPER TO GET NEW GLASS. I LIKE THE BRICK IDEA THE MOST. :lol6

Have you ever tried installing PS film after you've strip CDF adheasive? I am very serious, it can be a nightmare. I figure about an extra 20 minutes per 4x5' pane, it usually takes less though.

I remember a couple years ago I did a R&R down the shore... the film had bubbled.... it was very old. I'm trying to remember.... I think it just flaked off as I was scraping.

I've done a number of R&R... back when I was working for a Vista dealer, so the new films were always CDF... Never had any problems that I can recall. But I'm not sure what the old film was - PS or CDF.

Did one a few months ago, but the new film was actually Huper.. can't remember what the old film was. It was at an old bank.

Guest samo2000
I remember a couple years ago I did a R&R down the shore... the film had bubbled.... it was very old. I'm trying to remember.... I think it just flaked off as I was scraping.

I've done a number of R&R... back when I was working for a Vista dealer, so the new films were always CDF... Never had any problems that I can recall. But I'm not sure what the old film was - PS or CDF.

Did one a few months ago, but the new film was actually Huper.. can't remember what the old film was. It was at an old bank.

BUT IF YOU REAPPLY CDF/CDA DO YOU STILL HAVE TO PULL ALL THAT ADHESIVE OUT ? :thumb

Archived