get RICH!

that film that is transparent on axis but opaque at at angle

would be cool to be transparent at a vertical angle toward the sky,

but opaque looking straight in :bat

might help thwart peeping toms :bat

Luministy comes in a few different flavors. One of them is opaque when looking straight at it, the others are opaque on-angle.

:dunno "On-angle" I should watch what I type... :bingo

Lumisty work similar at day and at night. But people want day effect at night. It can be made only uisng additional lightening - no other ideas. As far as I studied physical processes. :bat People want. But it's impossible. Like lot of things impossible: Time Machine, Perpetuum Mobile e.t.c..

People want, nature can't give.

Guest TintPoser

that film that is transparent on axis but opaque at at angle

would be cool to be transparent at a vertical angle toward the sky,

but opaque looking straight in :thumb

might help thwart peeping toms :thumb

Luministy comes in a few different flavors. One of them is opaque when looking straight at it, the others are opaque on-angle.

:thumb "On-angle" I should watch what I type... :bingo

It's a shame that you have to be a minionaire to buy the lumisty.

"minionaire"

I knew those people were loaded and the horses and carriages were just for show :thumb

heh.... you know what I meant :bingo

Guest cherasia

Here goes another newbie question for you guys. :dance

1. can you put film on top of film?

2. If so, would putting side view Lumar over straight view Lumar create full privacy? Wish I could afford to order a roll of each and play!

Thanks!

Guest Solscreen

When will there be a film that reacts to light, just like some glasses folk where, maybe its only possible with glass and not plastic.

How cool would that be, as it gets hotter and sunny your film gets darker, and at night just goes back to normal.

Now we can get rich with that film. :beer

Guest vclimber
When will there be a film that reacts to light, just like some glasses folk where, maybe its only possible with glass and not plastic.

How cool would that be, as it gets hotter and sunny your film gets darker, and at night just goes back to normal.

Now we can get rich with that film. :lol2

There is a film that can be adjusted to solar conditions available now. It is very expensive though. :shock

Now we can get rich with that film. :shock

I've been saying this for years :lol2

I have seen window film manufactured with photochromic dyes, just like the sunglasses made by Transisitions. These dyes are reactive to UV/sunlight and will darken when exposed. The issue is these dyes do not last long, especially in window films. The sun glasses usually last 8-10 months, and they are not subjected to the constant heat or UV window films are. After this time, they just won;t get darker, stay clear.

As this material did not last, I don;t know if anyone has ever taken it to market.

Archived