hiring inexperience help to train

3 minutes ago, Roach said:

Are you really 26?

Money isn't everything. The people you work for - maybe you hate them. Like the job, but hate the other people. I would never work for people I didn't like no matter how much I actually like the job. 

There are so many things besides money when looking at a potential place of employment. :twocents

MONEY TALKS where I am from. 

I never indicate that that I hate anyone or tinting. I am just stating what I see. I enjoy tinting tremendously!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Roach said:

I wasn't commenting on your situation. I was just making a statement that money is not the only thing adults look at when looking for a potential job to support their families. :twocents

How are you gonna 'support' your family if the shop is not paying you well in money? ??

You make no sense.

48 minutes ago, Roach said:

I'd have to disagree. Just because a tinter knows how to tint, doesn't mean they have any idea on how to run a successful business. Or want to. That comes with it's own set of headaches. 

exactly. I have had many I trained over the years that worked for me. Came a point they felt they needed to go solo, no management skills and within a year or two, most came back looking for work. They get caught up not paying or claiming any taxes, mismanage funds and buy things they shouldn't have only to lose most of it. 

33 minutes ago, q_man said:

How are you gonna 'support' your family if the shop is not paying you well in money? ??

You make no sense.

q man. I had given you advice last evening. I don't think you should come on TD with that silly shit. It is a welcomed place to gain knowledge and insight. Most here have between 10 an 40 years. You are being told how most newbies are handled due to the fact these people have been around. If you think they are not treating employee's fair, think on the other side, the employee's seem to think they will learn what they can, maybe think they see a better opportunity and then leave the employer high and dry....that could be a good indicator of why some employer's don't see spending the time or effort into training someone. No one here is going to sit and argue with you about pay. You have been cleaning windows for a week and haven't touched any film. I will take years to master, and this site is probably going to be your best place for Q & A, so please don't piss everyone off or your window cleaning career may have lasted longer than your TD membership

cheers 

keeping employees can be challenging.  yes some venture out and make it or fail and come back.  as a "teacher" and by that I mean most shop owners,  it should make you proud having a tech make it.  Yes you lose an employee but have helped someone achieve a better life.

some basics rules of business.

say what your going to do,,  do what you said you were going to do,, if it gets questioned, explain what you did

All employees want to know, 'How am I doing? where am I going?  Do I have a future here

tell them weekly or monthly

dress, act and work like the job you want, not the job you are in (old school rule)

Prepare good loyal techs for the next level so they know the path.

Archived